losing faith in my religion Watch

username3975222
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So everyone I know (except for my family) aren't religious and usually I would not really question my faith for God but recently everyone's been talking about Christians being crazy and I kind of agree with them (like the protests about abortions and stuff).. I'm not that type of Christian because I'm definitely pro-choice.. Not only that, but some parts of the bible... is just unreasonably mad.. Maybe it's because I'm growing up but I feel a sense of sadness that I feel this way.. I have my own definition of Christianity and feel that it's better to worship God my own way.. Am I wrong to feel this way?
GrowFree
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nobody can prevent you from living you being Christian the way you prefer. There have already been a lot of people who were not satisfied with their own religion and they decided to adapt and change it according to their own preferences. Among all these people, a famous one lived two thousand years ago, his name was Jesus. If these people created their own religion, why shouldn’t you be allowed to do the same?
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by username3975222)
I have my own definition of Christianity and feel that it's better to worship God my own way.. Am I wrong to feel this way?
according to the Bible, you are doing what seems right in your own eyes rather than simply trusting in the Lord. so yes, you are wrong to feel that way.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So everyone I know (except for my family) aren't religious and usually I would not really question my faith for God but recently everyone's been talking about Christians being crazy and I kind of agree with them (like the protests about abortions and stuff).. I'm not that type of Christian because I'm definitely pro-choice.. Not only that, but some parts of the bible... is just unreasonably mad.. Maybe it's because I'm growing up but I feel a sense of sadness that I feel this way.. I have my own definition of Christianity and feel that it's better to worship God my own way.. Am I wrong to feel this way?
I don't think it's wrong for you to feel this way - there are so many different denominations and differing views/interpretation of and on the Bible. None of us will truly know who was right or wrong until we die and (potentially) come face to face with God.

My personal opinion is that it's far better to use your intellect and own personal slant on things when deciding which bits to follow and how far to follow the Bible, than following like a sheep. I identify as Roman Catholic but a liberal one - what atheists call a 'cherry-picker' and what fellow Catholics call a 'cafeteria' (i.e. pick and choose) Catholic. I have a very deep and strong personal faith but it is not bound by or limited to Roman Catholic teaching.

Tiz the best way to be, imho :jebus: If it would ever help to feel less alone, you can PM me
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
did anyone else click thinking it was Islam ??
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is either all or nothing when it comes to religions in my opinion - either one strives for the most orthodox interpretation (purest and closest to the original message) or one has extremely deficient belief. In Abrahamic religions, it is clear that following one's whims and desires and picking and choosing is what led them astray and what caused God to send more messengers and prophets - it is like the people of Moses worshipping the Golden Calf instead of God after He guided them, but in this case the Golden Calf is one's own opinions or desires.
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
did anyone else click thinking it was Islam ??
I was surprised it wasn't but Alhamdulillah
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah I wouldn't be surprised though, so much negativity associated with it today!
(Original post by Zamestaneh)
I was surprised it wasn't but Alhamdulillah
daeho14
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m a Christian as well and I am pro - choice and more for some rights that the media shows many to be against. There are a lot of Christians that think like you that the media doesn’t show because they don’t need to and the bible is very old and times have obviously changed a lot since then; some of the things seem outrageous now but a lot of the good messages can still apply to your life. Ignore all the bad things that may be affecting you and hold on to what you believe in your heart is right
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (224)
72.73%
Jeremy Hunt (84)
27.27%

Watched Threads