The Student Room Group

where to apply for an apprenticeship and likelyhood of securing one.

My education results:
GCSE's:
A: Maths
B: English literature, ICT, Physics
C: Biology, Chemistry, English language
D: Geography

GCE's:
B: Maths
C: Physics (practical skills: pass)
E: Further maths (retaking predicted: C)

I did my A-levels (GCE's) as an extension of my high school. I also did my GCSE's and GCE's a year early. Therefore, I am doing the old specs for the exams I am retaking.

I want to apply for a civil engineering apprenticeship in Manchester but don't know how. I plan to spend next year as a gap year and will be applying during that year. Based on my grades I would like to know where to go to apply for an apprenticeship. Also, I would like to know the likelihood of securing such an apprenticeship. Also, I am 18. I will turn 19 on 15/04/2020, 4 months before I would like to start workng.
Reply 1
Look for local companies and see what vacancies they have. If you look on the government website also shows vacancies. Decide what level you are looking to do. If get the C in your retake should get the requirements to most level 4 apprenticeships. When looking at companies look at what they can provide short and long term as well as speaking to people who have completed what you are looking to do
Reply 2
i dont know anyone who has done what i am looking to do. i dont even know anyone who went the route i want to after school. also what are the different levels of apprenticeships
Original post by Staps
Look for local companies and see what vacancies they have. If you look on the government website also shows vacancies. Decide what level you are looking to do. If get the C in your retake should get the requirements to most level 4 apprenticeships. When looking at companies look at what they can provide short and long term as well as speaking to people who have completed what you are looking to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending