BSc (Honours) Psychology with Counselling - Help

Watch
KellyKane2905
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi All, I have just applied for BSc (Honours) Psychology with Counselling and am hoping to get a head start on the reading - does anyone know which books are on the suggested reading list? (if there is such a list?)
thanks all
Fwd
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

Make the most of your free time!

If you do want to start early, the course material opens a few weeks before the module officially begins, so you can have a head start.

Assuming you're doing SDK100, you have hopefully read the module description which says:

Preparatory work

The module website includes some induction materials that will help you learn to navigate the website, organise your study materials and start developing a personal development plan. You will be able to access the module website 2-3 weeks before the module starts so that you can work through these activities.

If you wish to improve your study skills, you are advised to read The Good Study Guide (2005) by Andy Northedge, published by The Open University.

So maybe read the title I put in bold if that interests you?

Other ideas: Read the main topics in the module description and find some articles, videos, books etc on those topics!

If you're doing DD102, the description says:

The three module-wide questions are:
How is society made and remade? This asks how people make society in their relations with one another and with the world around them, and how, in turn, society shapes people.
How are differences and inequalities produced? People making and being shaped by society generate differences between and inequalities among groups and individuals – you'll discover where these come from and how they change
How do we know? This sets out how social scientists investigate and answer questions about society.

Maybe try thinking about these questions? Do some googling, ask around, etc. Get your mind questioning these things in preparation for the course material.

Hope that's helped a little!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.72%
I'm not sure (40)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (430)
48.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise