CIE IGCSE computer science paper 2

Watch this thread
mimiqween
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
how is everyone preparing/revising for this??? i have no idea where to even start
catn00b
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Literally just learning the code and how to explain it. And doing some past paper qs on error checking and databases
mimiqween
Rep:
lol i cant even find the pre release for this year my teacher told me not to do section A which i think is ridiculous as i just did a past paper now and got loads right on section A so kind of annoyed i was told not to do anything for it cos now i think its too late ;/
(Original post by catn00b)
Literally just learning the code and how to explain it. And doing some past paper qs on error checking and databases
sentry_going_up
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeah the databases are probably the easiest marks on the paper, just make sure you know how to write queries in the grid etc and know what records/fields are. The error checking part usually has some really blatantly obvious errors, ensure not to pick up on syntax errors as they never are. Learning pseudocode syntax is also a good idea.

Although, seeing what we got in paper 1, God knows what we will get tomorrow
giniw
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
what are the grade boundaries for paper 2
mimiqween
Rep:
how am i meant to know
(Original post by giniw)
what are the grade boundaries for paper 2
Rizen
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
if you don't do section A then you're going to lose so many marks
(Original post by mimiqween)
lol i cant even find the pre release for this year my teacher told me not to do section A which i think is ridiculous as i just did a past paper now and got loads right on section A so kind of annoyed i was told not to do anything for it cos now i think its too late ;/
mimiqween
Rep:
i know ): that’s why i’m angry, i’m still going to give it a go tho.
(Original post by Rizen)
if you don't do section A then you're going to lose so many marks
Rizen
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Do you know how to code? If so you could do the pre release in like 1 hour since it is really easy and then get full marks for section A
(Original post by mimiqween)
i know ): that’s why i’m angry, i’m still going to give it a go tho.
sohailanaser
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
how did you guys find it i did paper 22
sohailanaser
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
and how did you find paper 1 i did variant 2 also
Rizen
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It starts in 2 hours
(Original post by sohailanaser)
VM7
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What is in it
(Original post by sohailanaser)
Rizen
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
sentry_going_up
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
How did we all find it? Hopefully everyone saw the flowchart question...
Rizen
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
was easy except from the databases, forgot to revise them
sentry_going_up
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rizen)
was easy except from the databases, forgot to revise them
Yeah, I didn't know whether to put ascending or descending for the sort column
BobbyHan
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I missed out the flowchart
Rizen
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i think i messed up on the flowchart, can you put or in a question box or does it have to be two separate ones
sentry_going_up
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rizen)
i think i messed up on the flowchart, can you put or in a question box or does it have to be two separate ones
Pretty sure that's ok, as long as the shape of the box is ok
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (21)
30.88%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (26)
38.24%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (3)
4.41%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.41%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.88%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
13.24%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.47%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.47%

Watched Threads