Mobile Phone Cases Watch

DipakRajgor
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I need help. Setting up a shop to sell Mobile Phone Cases. Brands are iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, LG, One Plus, Google Pixel, Honor, and Asus. Since each case will fit several models in each Brand i.e. same body size and identical ports, how many different cases will i need in my range? How many for each brand? Please help!
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DipakRajgor)
Hi, I need help. Setting up a shop to sell Mobile Phone Cases. Brands are iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, LG, One Plus, Google Pixel, Honor, and Asus. Since each case will fit several models in each Brand i.e. same body size and identical ports, how many different cases will i need in my range? How many for each brand? Please help!
If you think each brand you've listed makes "many" phones with the same size/layouts you are probably not supposed to be going down this road. Literally the only company that try and retain consistency in size/layouts across multiple phones is Apple, every other brand you're looking at maybe two or three models that share close enough dimensions to sorta claim this.
DipakRajgor
Rep:
?
Hi Gofre, Point taken but do i assume correctly that all phones in the Samsung Galaxy 7 range (S7, S7 Edge & A7) will be the same size/layout? As with all Huawei 20 (P20 Pro, P20, P20 & Lite)?
(Original post by Gofre)
If you think each brand you've listed makes "many" phones with the same size/layouts you are probably not supposed to be going down this road. Literally the only company that try and retain consistency in size/layouts across multiple phones is Apple, every other brand you're looking at maybe two or three models that share close enough dimensions to sorta claim this.
fxlloutboyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
all the phones you just listed are different sizes. s7 edge is significantly larger than the s7 p20 pro/p20 is the same the lite is different. iPhone 6 7 and 8 are the same. x and xs are the same and xs max is larger.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Gofre, Point taken but do i assume correctly that all phones in the Samsung Galaxy 7 range (S7, S7 Edge & A7) will be the same size/layout? As with all Huawei 20 (P20 Pro, P20, P20 & Lite)?
No, that is straight up an incorrect assumption. The same number in the phone's name does not mean the same form factor and in most cases you're looking at totally different screen sizes, port selection and location.

Also of note, the Samsung Galaxy S7 and A7 are not from the same range. There isn't a "7" range.
Last edited by Acsel; 1 month ago
DipakRajgor
Rep:
?
(Original post by fxlloutboyy)
all the phones you just listed are different sizes. s7 edge is significantly larger than the s7 p20 pro/p20 is the same the lite is different. iPhone 6 7 and 8 are the same. x and xs are the same and xs max is larger.
Many thanks. Gives me a good idea of how phone sizes work. Will do my own indepth research now.
Tamimur
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Many thanks. Gives me a good idea of how phone sizes work. Will do my own indepth research now.
If you didn't know at least that bit of information, this probably isn't the route to go down.
DipakRajgor
Rep:
?
I understand your sentiments but we all got to start somewhere!
(Original post by Tamimur)
If you didn't know at least that bit of information, this probably isn't the route to go down.
DipakRajgor
Rep:
?
I stand corrected! Yes i admit it was a rather silly assumption.
(Original post by Acsel)
No, that is straight up an incorrect assumption. The same number in the phone's name does not mean the same form factor and in most cases you're looking at totally different screen sizes, port selection and location.

Also of note, the Samsung Galaxy S7 and A7 are not from the same range. There isn't a "7" range.
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
While this is true, and it's good to ask questions, the question itself implies that you're going about this in totally the wrong way. It suggests you haven't yet done your research, because this is the sort of thing that you'd have to look into, and therefore it's odd that you've settled on the idea of opening a shop to sell phone cases.

What it seems has happened is you've had the idea to open a shop to sell a product, without validating demand for that product to begin with. This is a recipe for disaster. Rather than deciding to open a shop to sell phone cases, and then deciding how many and which products you need, you should first be determining if there's a market for you in the first place. This sort of research is supposed to be done first, and would tell you what phone brands and models people have.

You're not supposed to decide to open a shop, and then ask what to sell. Opening a shop should be a conclusion you come to after validating that people want your product in the first place. If you're asking how many and which products to stock, you haven't done your research and therefore do not understand your market well enough to have decided to open a shop. This of course assumes you're actually looking to open a shop, and this isn't some sort of homework question.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, you're absolutely wrong.

Seriously dude, these are the absolute basics you should know.
Yes, but maybe that place shouldn't be "opening a store for phone cases" :lolwut:
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fxlloutboyy)
p20 pro/p20 is the same the lite is different.
Actually the Pro is quite a bit larger, with a 6.1" display compared to a 5.8" one.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...es/10801,10843
fxlloutboyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Actually the Pro is quite a bit larger, with a 6.1" display compared to a 5.8" one.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/si...es/10801,10843
ahh I work for a phone company and we sell cases alongside the plans, must be p20 and the lite that's the same rather than p20 pro! we have 2 cases that cover the 3 phones, thank you
DipakRajgor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
While this is true, and it's good to ask questions, the question itself implies that you're going about this in totally the wrong way. It suggests you haven't yet done your research, because this is the sort of thing that you'd have to look into, and therefore it's odd that you've settled on the idea of opening a shop to sell phone cases.

What it seems has happened is you've had the idea to open a shop to sell a product, without validating demand for that product to begin with. This is a recipe for disaster. Rather than deciding to open a shop to sell phone cases, and then deciding how many and which products you need, you should first be determining if there's a market for you in the first place. This sort of research is supposed to be done first, and would tell you what phone brands and models people have.

You're not supposed to decide to open a shop, and then ask what to sell. Opening a shop should be a conclusion you come to after validating that people want your product in the first place. If you're asking how many and which products to stock, you haven't done your research and therefore do not understand your market well enough to have decided to open a shop. This of course assumes you're actually looking to open a shop, and this isn't some sort of homework question.
Your input time greatly appreciated.
Surnia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not only are the S7 and S7 Edge different sizes, bear in mind for the latter the clue is in the title - the edge! There are cases for it that have a transparent holder so that the alerts can be seen.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (191)
72.9%
Jeremy Hunt (71)
27.1%

Watched Threads