How do u deal with someone very close to you has died? Watch

Sasha050506
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do u deal with it? I struggle really bad but i try my best... Thanks!
Ben878 (LfL)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I try to move onwards, as the person that has died would not have wanted you to dwell on a what you feel is a gap in your life because they are no longer there. They would've wanted the best for you. While you may feel there is a gap in your life, the memory of them is a great fullness for you to go forward with.

Try not to distance yourself away from others (reality) too much either.

Take care
hajerox123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
firstly do you believe in god or life after death?
(Original post by Sasha050506)
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There's no perfect way to deal with it, the first couple of deaths i went through(dad then a great aunt), i didnt talk about it with anyone which didn't help so it was only when i started to open up and talk about it that i really started to heal. Also just be kind to yourself and remember grief isn't a straight journey, it's not just getting yourself through a series of steps and you probably won't ever be the same person after it but that's okay.
ayyyy.x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to hear that.
It will be hard at first but it gradually does get easier. Try and occupy yourself, surround yourself with positive people, do not dwell on it and just try and be happy if you can. As stupid as it sounds, being happy will lift your mood completely and slowly (but surely) you will be able to move on from it.
Ana1234567
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Reach out to people!!! Speak about it to family friends, preferably someone who knew the person who died if they don't mind. You might feel like shutting yourself away and not talking to anyone but remember there are people waiting for you who are probably in a similar position to you. Stay strong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (234)
72.22%
Jeremy Hunt (90)
27.78%

Watched Threads