The Student Room Group

Split Uni Degrees

Say if a university did psychology with criminology degree is there anything you lose or gain by doing something like this? I don’t really understand could someone explain.Thanks
Hello

I am going to be doing a joint degree next year. I think that it will work well because I am interested in both subjects, so want to keep my options open. Also I think that it can be good to do two things that complement each other, which I would say psychology and criminology would.
If you are interested in both things and you are going to be able to study the modules you want, I wouldn't say there's any problem!
I don't know in depth information about those topics but I do know that if I did Physics with Maths that the extra maths content would only compliment Physics/Improve my problem solving ability so for your career path you could come at it from the perspective that you know about the Psychology behind individuals that commit crimes which might be useful in reducing crime rates as you understand why they commit crimes.

One of the points of joint degrees is to sort of help those who are stuck between subjects but understand how the subjects are connected to each other. Another point is that you can specialize later on and that way you will still be as qualified as other applicants.

In case you need it, I know Exeter has a Flexible Combined Honors Scheme so that might be helpful in checking out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending