Course choice help Watch

sh.hr
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm in high school sitting my GCSEs and wanted advice on what to pick for A levels to get into my desired course at university. So far, I've picked Maths, Further Maths and Physics and maybe Computer Science. I hope to get into aerospace engineering or any similar R&D field. I'm confused about what I would do after A levels: would I do a maths course or physics course or a course dedicated to engineering? What are the advantages and disadvantages of picking either of these courses. Thanks in advance!
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sh.hr)
I'm in high school sitting my GCSEs and wanted advice on what to pick for A levels to get into my desired course at university. So far, I've picked Maths, Further Maths and Physics and maybe Computer Science. I hope to get into aerospace engineering or any similar R&D field. I'm confused about what I would do after A levels: would I do a maths course or physics course or a course dedicated to engineering? What are the advantages and disadvantages of picking either of these courses. Thanks in advance!
If you want to get into an engineering related career, then it's far better doing an engineering undergraduate course. Doing any other course will hinder you breaking into the field.

You still have over a year to choose what degree you want to study (or even a degree apprenticeship, which a company sponsors to pay for your tuition fees), so I'd recommend you try and do more research as to what sort of jobs are in the industry, and what the entry requirements are to make a more informed decision on what to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
21.93%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (93)
34.57%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.19%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.29%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.01%

Watched Threads