Bondacious
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey all,
So I'm preparing to sit my GCSE RS Paper 2 tomorrow (I'm with AQA if that helps), and I was wondering if i was able to use quotations from philosophers. I already know a few quotes from the bible for the exam but in my mocks i used quotations from a few philosophers and got marked for them. Was wondering if i could replicate this in the exam.
iibantaclausii
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
yep it would impress the examiner. which themes r u doing
Bondacious
Rep:
(Original post by iibantaclausii)
yep it would impress the examiner. which themes r u doing
Crime and Punishment
Peace and Conflict
Relationships and Families
Human Rights and Social Justice

Thank you! That's really boosted my confidence about this exam : )
GCSEs2019Ganggg
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bondacious)
Hey all,
So I'm preparing to sit my GCSE RS Paper 2 tomorrow (I'm with AQA if that helps), and I was wondering if i was able to use quotations from philosophers. I already know a few quotes from the bible for the exam but in my mocks i used quotations from a few philosophers and got marked for them. Was wondering if i could replicate this in the exam.
Can you please share the quotations that you have from the philosophers? Thanks.
Bondacious
Rep:
(Original post by GCSEs2019Ganggg)
Can you please share the quotations that you have from the philosophers? Thanks.
"It is no nation we inhabit, but a language. Make no mistake; our native tongue is our true fatherland." - Emil Cioran (used it in a war 12 marker in the mock and got all 12)
"Facts do not exist, there are only interpretations" - Friedrich Nietzsche
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than anything on which it is poured" - Mark Twain

Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head, but I'll go look over my notes and see what else I have : )
Euphoride
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bondacious)
"It is no nation we inhabit, but a language. Make no mistake; our native tongue is our true fatherland." - Emil Cioran (used it in a war 12 marker in the mock and got all 12)
"Facts do not exist, there are only interpretations" - Friedrich Nietzsche
"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than anything on which it is poured" - Mark Twain

Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head, but I'll go look over my notes and see what else I have : )
Could you give a quick rundown on each of those quotations and analysis behind them? It'd be pretty interesting to include philosophical arguments in the coming test
Bondacious
Rep:
(Original post by Euphoride)
Could you give a quick rundown on each of those quotations and analysis behind them? It'd be pretty interesting to include philosophical arguments in the coming test
Sorry this is so late,
1- You can use it as a non religious argument for war, in defence of ones culture and ethicity
2- Justification for anything tbh, most likely war, no one will know the truth, what is seen as bad by some may be seen as good by others
3- The crime topic, talk about how it is a cause for crime

Again sorry for the late reply, best of luck today : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.99%
Take a gap year (22)
15.94%
Resit my exams (37)
26.81%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
13.04%
I don't know yet (15)
10.87%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.35%

Watched Threads