Can't get over ex

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Broke up 6 months ago but now and then I'll be reminded of him and it literally hurts so much. I think about how cute he was, how he was my type on paper, he was sweet and really did care about me a lot.

But then the next day I'll be reminded about why I broke up with him in the first place; we were bad at communicating and talking, he didn't message me that often and sometimes it was a bit awkward when we did. We would break up anyway after A levels as we'd probs go to different universities (unfortunately tho I was told by a friend that no, apparently we are going to the same university however he's taking a gap year).

BUT THEN I would tell myself it doesn't matter, I loved him and if all those negatives are true then why do I still miss him this much? (we were together 1 year and 4 months)
Were they just small qualities we would learn to fix with a little communication? We didn't even talk about it, had we tho things may have gotten better.

But then I'm only 18 and he was my first boyfriend so I haven't even experienced being with anyone else so am I so scared I won't find anyone else that I am wanting to go with something that I know is safe? There may be someone who is for me but obvs I won't know unless I try.

As you can see its an endless cycle of "breaking up was the better decision" and "what have you done you idiot, look at that good person that you just threw away"

I don't even know what I want from this post.
To vent? Yeah probably.
Anyone else gone through something similar and can give me advice?
HateSchx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Sometimes its not the person you miss, but the feelings you had when with them
HateSchx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Spoiler:
Show
Oops was supposed to put in under anonymous when I give lame advice
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HateSchx)
Sometimes its not the person you miss, but the feelings you had when with them
Yeah that's what I sometimes wonder too, but I'm really not sure if I miss the boyfriend or the idea of having a boyfriend
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HateSchx)
Spoiler:
Show
Oops was supposed to put in under anonymous when I give lame advice
Ahaha nah it was a good take on the situation, thank you
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
we all go through it and wonder the reasons for a breakdown of a relationship.
the best thing to do now, is focus on yourself, and go to locations that help clear your mind a bit.
my top 3 places are:
a beach / coast-line.
any swimming pool / leisure centre
local park / something with nature in it.

why these 3 places? They all have calming effects to them. Listening to the waves of the sea, or hearing the birds chirp, or relaxing in the water. It's helped me after breakups.

You're 18 and have university ahead of you. The chance to meet hundreds (if not, thousands) of students, who can be friends for life.
Think of it this way. Each new person you make a friend with at uni, is a new destination for you to explore afterwards.
The internationals are the best. Free accommodation, hello!

Whatever you end up doing, know that you come first, and you should be happy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
60.31%
No (71)
21.85%
Not sure (58)
17.85%

Watched Threads