Any tips or advice in finding a veterinary nursing apprenticeship? Watch

benphillips96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have been searching for a while for a veterinary nursing apprenticeship or even just some experience in a veterinary practice. I do not have much experience and have experienced a change in what I want to do with my future.
Does anyone have any tips for finding work experience or an apprenticeship in veterinary nursing? I'm currently waiting for anything to pop up in my local area, i've sent some emails, called some numbers and can't find anything.
Located in plymouth, looking in exeter (hope to be located there soon).
Thanks in advance
animalmagic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Start with trying to get some unpaid work experience if you haven't already done so. You will probably need to hand in a letter and CV rather than email/phone as practices get so many requests for work experience. Most would expect you to have done some work experience before you apply for any vet nursing job anyway. Research which practices in the radius you can travel to are training practices (https://www.rcvs.org.uk/lifelong-lea...ing-practices/), then look for any form of employment at those e.g. animal care assistant or receptionist, as well as student VN vacancies. Many will recruit from within when they have a vacancy. Otherwise be prepared to move home. Someone I mentored in Scotland found a college place far far away in England and then found a practice near to that who were prepared to employ her and is getting on really well.

(Original post by benphillips96)
I have been searching for a while for a veterinary nursing apprenticeship or even just some experience in a veterinary practice. I do not have much experience and have experienced a change in what I want to do with my future.
Does anyone have any tips for finding work experience or an apprenticeship in veterinary nursing? I'm currently waiting for anything to pop up in my local area, i've sent some emails, called some numbers and can't find anything.
Located in plymouth, looking in exeter (hope to be located there soon).
Thanks in advance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 12 Dec '19
  • Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?