Planned deferred entry, do I get to retry Watch

Jugbandblues
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have already chosen to take a year off and have a deferred entry offer from the university i would like to go to. If i don't get the necessary grades, will I be able to retake the exams next year (still before I would go to the uni) without having to re apply?
Admit-One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jugbandblues)
I have already chosen to take a year off and have a deferred entry offer from the university i would like to go to. If i don't get the necessary grades, will I be able to retake the exams next year (still before I would go to the uni) without having to re apply?
The first thing that will happen is that your Firm and Insurance choices will decide if they want to accept you with your achieved grades, regardless of whether you actually met their offers.

If they don’t accept you, then no, you can’t roll a conditional deferred offer over to the next year, UCAS will make you unsuccessful by default after the 31st of August so you will have to apply again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (289)
31.83%
The paper was reasonable (437)
48.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
12%
It was TERRIBLE (73)
8.04%

Watched Threads