What happens when.. Watch

forgotten_one
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What happens if you literally faint during the exam or have a seizure or something. Do you get to do a resit or do you fail the exam? Do the exam board take it into account while marking, do they look at your predicted grades and make an educated guess?
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They may mark what you've done, but will take it into account. If there's two papers, they'll look at your other paper. You might have to resit, but you won't be penalised. It's hardly your fault if you fainted in the exam or became otherwise incapacitated.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
forgotten_one
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your reply
(Original post by katf)
They may mark what you've done, but will take it into account. If there's two papers, they'll look at your other paper. You might have to resit, but you won't be penalised. It's hardly your fault if you fainted in the exam or became otherwise incapacitated.
Amnz_02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what I heard if one person faints while doing the exams its means that everyone will pass that's what I heard dunno if its true or not
katf
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Amnz_02)
what I heard if one person faints while doing the exams its means that everyone will pass that's what I heard dunno if its true or not
Completely untrue.
katf
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by forgotten_one)
Thank you so much for your reply
Does depend when it happens. If you've done 95% of the paper and you fainted 10 minutes before the end, it'll be viewed differently to if you fainted five minutes after you started.
sonu2003
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It won't be your fault that you fainted, they were consider this and allow you to resit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
31.53%
The paper was reasonable (423)
48.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
12.08%
It was TERRIBLE (67)
7.71%

Watched Threads