The Student Room Group

What happens when..

What happens if you literally faint during the exam or have a seizure or something. Do you get to do a resit or do you fail the exam? Do the exam board take it into account while marking, do they look at your predicted grades and make an educated guess?
Reply 1
They may mark what you've done, but will take it into account. If there's two papers, they'll look at your other paper. You might have to resit, but you won't be penalised. It's hardly your fault if you fainted in the exam or became otherwise incapacitated.
Thank you so much for your reply
Original post by katf
They may mark what you've done, but will take it into account. If there's two papers, they'll look at your other paper. You might have to resit, but you won't be penalised. It's hardly your fault if you fainted in the exam or became otherwise incapacitated.
what I heard if one person faints while doing the exams its means that everyone will pass that's what I heard dunno if its true or not
Reply 4
Original post by Amnz_02
what I heard if one person faints while doing the exams its means that everyone will pass that's what I heard dunno if its true or not

Completely untrue.
Reply 5
Original post by forgotten_one
Thank you so much for your reply

Does depend when it happens. If you've done 95% of the paper and you fainted 10 minutes before the end, it'll be viewed differently to if you fainted five minutes after you started.
It won't be your fault that you fainted, they were consider this and allow you to resit. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest