Uni Watch

fares22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
if you do bad in AS and get low predicted grades e.g. CCC but end up getting 3 A*s can you not go to the top unis? is it over??
scheharyarkhan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course not, you can take a gap year and apply the following year or you can drop down to clearing on results day and see what uni's still have places
fares22
Rep:
?
Do Oxbridge, LSE imperial etc. do this too? and If this was to happen would it be better to take a gap year or do the clearance. I'm currently doing AS and I'm really upset about how I messed up this year
(Original post by scheharyarkhan)
Of course not, you can take a gap year and apply the following year or you can drop down to clearing on results day and see what uni's still have places
scheharyarkhan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, the top top uni's usually don't have spaces left on clearance. Let's say you get 3 A*'s, the best option for you would be to take a gap year and apply the following year. If you really think you can get 3A*s then go to your teachers and negotiate with them and tell them how you believe you can achieve better grades and you will try harder next year to get those grades.
(Original post by fares22)
Do Oxbridge, LSE imperial etc. do this too? and If this was to happen would it be better to take a gap year or do the clearance. I'm currently doing AS and I'm really upset about how I messed up this year
fares22
Rep:
?
If I take the gap year, do I apply as normal with my A2 grades?
No, the top top uni's usually don't have spaces left on clearance. Let's say you get 3 A*'s, the best option for you would be to take a gap year and apply the following year. If you really think you can get 3A*s then go to your teachers and negotiate with them and tell them how you believe you can achieve better grades and you will try harder next year to get those grades.
scheharyarkhan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes it is the same procedure, and instead of predicted grades you give your actual grades.
If I take the gap year, do I apply as normal with my A2 grades?
fares22
Rep:
?
Thanks man. Its just that I didnt work as much as I should have this year and I feel like I am capable of going to the top top unis but I just havent put in the work for AS.
Yes it is the same procedure, and instead of predicted grades you give your actual grades.
annoymous_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How does clearing work can someone explain pls
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
fares22
Rep:
?
Its when on results day you call other unis to tell them that you got the grade requirements. If theres free spaces for your course then they will take you
(Original post by annoymous_)
How does clearing work can someone explain pls
annoymous_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its when on results day you call other unis to tell them that you got the grade requirements. If theres free spaces for your course then they will take you
Oh right thank u
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?