Abortion becoming illegal Watch

Camryn0903
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just spout people... I wanna hear ya opinions ..
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Camryn0903)
Abortion should be legal and my heart breaks for women living in places where it's illegal or becoming illegal. Apparently nobody cares about mothers, only a clump of cells the size of a pea. I was under the impression all lives matter, but no, appears women's lives don't really when it comes to this topic. Very tragic.
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m just really confused as to why a mother should be forced to keep a rapists baby
abedbrandy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The good thing is there are a lot of options (birth control measures) to prevent pregnancy in the first place
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you listen very carefully you can actually hear the pro lifer's from a series of other abortion threads charging over here to say the same thing again.
Camryn0903
Rep:
?
Bbirth control is also becoming illegal I'm pretty sure
(Original post by abedbrandy)
The good thing is there are a lot of options (birth control measures) to prevent pregnancy in the first place
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Name:  Screenshot_20190519-193431_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  29.5 KB
student101234523
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it they are made illegal they don't stop happening they just happen in a VERY unsafe manner with v high mortality rate. It takes two but the second a woman's pregnant then that's all on her and it is NO ones elses choice about what she decided to DO.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bbirth control is also becoming illegal I'm pretty sure
A lack of birth control is the mark of an uncivilised nation. Not a standard to be aspired to.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Abortion should not be illegal.
Zamestaneh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Abortion should be legal and my heart breaks for women living in places where it's illegal or becoming illegal. Apparently nobody cares about mothers, only a clump of cells the size of a pea. I was under the impression all lives matter, but no, appears women's lives don't really when it comes to this topic. Very tragic.
Every year there tens of thousands of non-emergancy (not from rape or due to major health concerns) abortions in Britain occur during the second trimester when the baby has already taken form, has limbs and a brain etc. These abortions take place by tearing out the foetus limb by limb until the woman is cleared out.

Hardly just a ball of cells, are they? I feel most people are naive about abortions and get too hyped up about rights without even knowing what they are supporting.
Mike Owen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Fine with that happening. I think abortion is horrible since it kills hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings (I haven't heard a convincing argument that it is otherwise). Is the kid a human when its just about to come out of the mother's body? Half way out? Does it magically become a human only once it is fully out of the mother's body? Scientists agree the fetus can feel pain in the third trimester of the pregnancy. We know a heartbeat can be detected weeks after conception. 50 percent of children born at the 23d-24th week of pregnancy survive. Before we ask ourselves whether abortion is moral, we should ask ourselves what makes a human.
Sharmarko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not pro-choice or pro-life. I like to think of myself as anti-abortion.

I believe abortions should be legal, but the process of getting one should be thorough. What I mean is, abortions shouldn't be handed out like sweets on Halloween when couples are reckless in bed and make a mistake. The dehumanization of embryos makes reckless people comfortable about not accepting responsibility.

In my ideal world, if someone wanted an abortion they would have to go through a screening process and apply. One section would involve a judging panel on the reasons why a women would wish for an abortion.

(Original post by Illusination)
I’m just really confused as to why a mother should be forced to keep a rapists baby
Terrible argument. People don't take abortions because of rape, the average person takes an abortion because they made a mistake and are willing to kill a life to lose responsibility for it.
In this country there were more than 180,000 abortions in 2017. Are you telling me there were 180,000 women raped?
Obolinda
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm anti choice and anti life. I think pregnant people should have abortions at all times(with them having no choice in the matter).
Camryn0903
Rep:
?
True but if this is the case .. surely the TIME LIMIT on when an abortion is allowed should be changed.. not make it completely illegal.. and if that's the case why is birth control also becoming illegal.m it's not even a foetus at that point
(Original post by Mike Owen)
Fine with that happening. I think abortion is horrible since it kills hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings (I haven't heard a convincing argument that it is otherwise). Is the kid a human when its just about to come out of the mother's body? Half way out? Does it magically become a human only once it is fully out of the mother's body? Scientists agree the fetus can feel pain in the third trimester of the pregnancy. We know a heartbeat can be detected weeks after conception. 50 percent of children born at the 23d-24th week of pregnancy survive. Before we ask ourselves whether abortion is moral, we should ask ourselves what makes a human.
Sharmarko
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)

Yes very tragic, all lives matter apart from the one most vulnerable - the foetus.

The issue with all pro-choice people is that they can never justify a point during pregnancy where it's no longer okay to abort the foetus. Some say 12 weeks, some say 20 weeks. Unless you pull a SHallowvale and say you are still alright with abortions (if the parent gives consent) to the very few minutes leading up to birth.
Sharmarko
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
True but if this is the case .. surely the TIME LIMIT on when an abortion is allowed should be changed.. not make it completely illegal.. and if that's the case why is birth control also becoming illegal.m it's not even a foetus at that point
Pick a time limit and I'll show you why it's a terrible idea.
Camryn0903
Rep:
?
5 weeks
(Original post by Sharmarko)
Pick a time limit and I'll show you why it's a terrible idea.
Sharmarko
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
I'm anti choice and anti life. I think pregnant people should have abortions at all times(with them having no choice in the matter).
You're the one that thinks all humans should die (or should never have existed) right? Due to our detrimental effect on the environment.

Perhaps this will interest you - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunt...ction_Movement
Last edited by Sharmarko; 4 weeks ago
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
a step for humanity REDEMPTION
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1114)
55.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.86%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.91%

Watched Threads