MHoC by-election: notification Watch

This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Model House of Commons By-Election

Following the loss of seats 15, 19, 26, 35 and 39, a by-election will take place.

This election will take place using the D'Hondt method, with parties and independents permitted to stand. The Conservatives, Labour and the Liberal Democrats may not stand as parties, having lost seats in this process.

Independent candidates may not be a member of any party between the start of voting and the final declaration, otherwise they will be disqualified, and there is no minimum time or post requirement for being a candidate. Independent candidates can of course not win more than one seat each, and may not be MPs (including proxy MPs) at any point during the voting process (from 26th to 30th May).

The deadline for manifestos is 6pm on Sunday 26th May. Manifestos must be submitted to me, and must conform to the manifesto rules set out in the Guidance Document. Any manifestos sent as image files must be accompanied by a plain-text copy!
Manifesto Rules
i) Manifestos may not contain more than two image files.
ii) Manifestos may contain one audio or video file:
ii) a) lasting less than 90 seconds
ii) b) containing less than 200 words (not included in the manifesto word count)
ii) c) not infringing on copyright law
iii) Manifestos may not contain pictures of, or quotes attributed to, any real-life figure, living or dead, political or otherwise.
iv) Where a manifesto is received with more than 600 words, the Speaker will cut the manifesto at the 600-word mark.

The full timetable for this election is as follows:

Day 0 (Sun 19 May) – Election is announced by the Speaker. The Speaker will inform interested candidates to submit their manifestos.
Day 7 (Sun 26 May) – All manifestos should have been received by The Speaker. The Speaker will post the manifestos in a thread in the Model House of Commons forum, add a secret 4 day poll with the option of “Spoilt Ballot”.
Day 11 (Thu 30 May) – The election closes and seats are assigned.
Last edited by Saracen's Fez; 1 month ago
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
#LibersRulez
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would suggest the other parties to give up and let us just take all 5 seats xD

(Joking aside; if that happened and we were the only people to put forward a manifesto Saracen's Fez; would you just give us all 5 seats automatically?)
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
(Original post by Connor27)
I would suggest the other parties to give up and let us just take all 5 seats xD

(Joking aside; if that happened and we were the only people to put forward a manifesto Saracen's Fez; would you just give us all 5 seats automatically?)
I presume that's what would happen, yes.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I look forward to seeing who stands as an 'independent' or as a genuine independent.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
I look forward to seeing who stands as an 'independent' or as a genuine independent.
I am going to stand so there is a Green voice back in the House, as an independent. Just need to write a manifesto!
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
I am going to stand so there is a Green voice back in the House, as an independent. Just need to write a manifesto!
Ah nice! Good to see
TS33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Good luck
TS33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Saracen's Fez is the September bit a mistake?

"Independent candidates can of course not win more than one seat each, and may not be MPs (including proxy MPs) at any point during the voting process (from 4th to 8th September)."
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
(Original post by _thestudent33)
Saracen's Fez is the September bit a mistake?

"Independent candidates can of course not win more than one seat each, and may not be MPs (including proxy MPs) at any point during the voting process (from 4th to 8th September)."
It is indeed, from copying from a previous by-election. It's been changed now.
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I look forward to inevitably seeing the candidates put forward.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Voting is now open.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (59)
22.1%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (91)
34.08%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (57)
21.35%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (25)
9.36%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (35)
13.11%

Watched Threads