i want to marry my cousin from pakistan Watch

Strugglebro
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
this is going to be quite long but i will REALLY APPRECIATE it.in 2017 i went to pakistan and fell inlove with my second cousin. we live in separate houses but i always went to his because obviously i had a crush on him. i think he lowkey liked me too. at the time i thought it was just a fling but two years later i am still madly inlove with him. i think about him every single day and it just hurts and ive been diagnosed with depression.i only have one pcture o fhim and nothing else. what hurts me the most is if he even thinks about me or if hes forgotten about me. i cant tell my parents how i feel about him so i just cry by myself. i want to marry him but im scared that he might only want me for my passport and he views the world differently. i think his mum and aunty have planned to gget him married with his other cousin. i can easily get so many handsome boys but i just want him. im going pakistan again in 3 months and i am so excited.missing him everyday is exhausting and i feel helpless and im DRAINED. man i just want to stop all these feelings im tired of feeling like this honestly. i cant stress how much i cry i be having mental breakdowns every night thinking of him and im legit crying as i type this looool. thank you so much for reading up to here!! any help?
Last edited by Strugglebro; 1 month ago
username4430486
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We don’t choose who we love but we can choose how to proceed with things. First thing you need to ask yourself is, are these feelings genuine? You might say yes immediately but really think it through. Do you really know him? Do you know what he’s like? Have you seen him in different situations of life? Are you in love with him or the idea of him? Could it be that your crush has turned into love because he is so far away and unattainable? Could it be that the idea of him being untouchable to you is what’s keeping you in this state?

There are many people we meet in life. People whom we’ll love and have relationships with. It is too early for you to decide. Marriage is a serious commitment and I don’t think either of you at this point are ready for something like that. Not until you get to know each other better. Also let’s not forget that he is your relative and you might want to go for other options.

Whatever you choose to do, take it slow. No need to rush. No need to panic. Your feelings are strong but you should not let them decide for you. Good luck.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
anon123a
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My advice: Do what you think is right!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Marry himmm
Similar situation here and I want to do the same
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At first I thought this was a troll, but I would say talk to your parents
(Original post by Strugglebro)
this is going to be quite long but i will REALLY APPRECIATE it.in 2017 i went to pakistan and fell inlove with my second cousin. we live in separate houses but i always went to his because obviously i had a crush on him. i think he lowkey liked me too. at the time i thought it was just a fling but two years later i am still madly inlove with him. i think about him every single day and it just hurts and ive been diagnosed with depression.i only have one pcture o fhim and nothing else. what hurts me the most is if he even thinks about me or if hes forgotten about me. i cant tell my parents how i feel about him so i just cry by myself. i want to marry him but im scared that he might only want me for my passport and he views the world differently. i think his mum and aunty have planned to gget him married with his other cousin. i can easily get so many handsome boys but i just want him. im going pakistan again in 3 months and i am so excited.missing him everyday is exhausting and i feel helpless and im DRAINED. man i just want to stop all these feelings im tired of feeling like this honestly. i cant stress how much i cry i be having mental breakdowns every night thinking of him and im legit crying as i type this looool. thank you so much for reading up to here!! any help?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heterozygosity loss, woooo!

(Actually tbf, second cousins don't share that much more genetic material than random strangers. Go for it.)
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
At first I thought this was a troll, but I would say talk to your parents
Haha same
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Talk to him as well, I think u should go for it. Good luck!
(Original post by Strugglebro)
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I liked my cousin last year. I thought I wanted to marry him too maybe not to your extent. But then I realise that in my case, it’s impossible and I moved on quite fast. I didn’t love him but I’m sure he did love me romantically. Thinking back now I am kind of disgusted by my thoughts and about the whole situation and I just feel like it’s wrong.

So advice for you is try to forget him and move on with others but even after you tried and you can’t do it, then go for it! But remember time heals and makes you numb your feelings.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads