Noisy housemates during exam time- am I being unreasonable? Watch

immelia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
My housemates are driving me absolutely insane- we're all third years doing our finals at the moment, except I have 6 exams and all my housemates only had one or two. They finished last Tuesday, before I was even half way through my exams and now they are being so noisy. They woke me up at 3am the last few nights/ play music really loudly etc. I've asked so so many times for them to be more quiet/ not wake me up but they just make rude comments. I know they're excited to be finished and going out more etc. so am I being unreasonable expecting them to be quietish until I finish my exams? Its driving me insane I already spend as long as I can at the library but obviously I can't sleep there! Any advice??
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You are not being unfair or fussy or whatever else—they are being rather inconsiderate, really.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They are entitled to live in their home but you are entitled to the chance to sleep. They should at least let you sleep properly.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They're being very selfish. Can you bargain with them to at least be quiet the night before exams? Otherwise call security?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
nope. not unreasonable. can you do anything about it? nope as well.

youre actually expecting people who pay to be quiet at your command?? inconsiderate sure but circumstances are circumstances. i've had to sleep through some pretty **** circumstances because asking/telling flatmates/neighbours to quiet down, or to stop doing x, y, z, leads literally nowhere, and hopefully you live with sane, reasonable people who wont torment you later for "having the nerve". as for reporting or calling the security...yea you're gonna make people homeless even temporarily, because you dont know what earplugs or the library are...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (163)
59.06%
No I haven't decided yet (66)
23.91%
Yes but I might change my mind (47)
17.03%

Watched Threads