Most theoretical computer science degrees UK Watch

Sierra13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Heyo,

I'm just wondering what universities in the UK have the most theoretical computer science courses. For example, I've heard Oxford put a heavy emphasis on logic, algorithm design, and the only programming they do in first term is Haskell. I'm trying to find other courses that follow a similar route.

Cheers
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, Edinburgh
pressF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Imperial also only do Haskell in first term. The top three would be Imperial and Oxbridge
Sierra13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Huh that's interesting. I am applying for computer science and philosophy (though since not many unis offer it I'm applying for straight compsci at my other choices). What worries me about imperial is that it will not allow much space for this as it is a STEM uni. Having said this, considering the most important parts of philosophy I'd want to keep are philosophy of maths, logic, etc. do you think this would be catered for at Imperial? also how easy is it to make friends from other unis taking humanites?

I also want to apply for compsci phil at St Andrews - do you know how theoretical this course is/what they cover (also generally for straight compsci there)?

Cheers
(Original post by pressF)
Imperial also only do Haskell in first term. The top three would be Imperial and Oxbridge
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?