Urgent HELP PHYSICS Please quick!!! ELECTRICITY QUICK Q Watch

Batman2k1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
why does R = emf... when no little r? says R increases r constant to emf HUH???????? help!!!!!!!!!
saj9122
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not to sure if it is R=emf but maybe R∝emf. Since emf=I(R+r) and if r=0 then emf=IR where if I is constant then R∝emf. Is that what you are trying to get at?
Batman2k1
Rep:
?
wow, smart! thanks.

The question is confusing, well the mark scheme states R is equal to the emf value, i suppose it means V terminal pd = emf when theres no internal resistance?

(Original post by saj9122)
I'm not to sure if it is R=emf but maybe R∝emf. Since emf=I(R+r) and if r=0 then emf=IR where if I is constant then R∝emf. Is that what you are trying to get at?
saj9122
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah that makes a lot more sense because emf=IR when IR is pd across terminal. Good luck for tomoz though man, hope the paper will not be impossible lol
wow, smart! thanks.

The question is confusing, well the mark scheme states R is equal to the emf value, i suppose it means V terminal pd = emf when theres no internal resistance?
Batman2k1
Rep:
?
thanks bro
(Original post by saj9122)
Yeah that makes a lot more sense because emf=IR when IR is pd across terminal. Good luck for tomoz though man, hope the paper will not be impossible lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
31.53%
The paper was reasonable (423)
48.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
12.08%
It was TERRIBLE (67)
7.71%

Watched Threads