The Student Room Group

Can I go to university with no GCSE’s?

Please can somebody help me out. I would really want to go to university. I achieved D*D in Level 3 (Travel And Tourism), and I’m aiming to achieve DDD in L3 Extended T&T... to start university next year (2020) But, my main problem is that I haven’t passed Maths & English. I got no GCSE’s. I achieved a D in English, I would really want to pass at least English, because I find maths very difficult. Is there anybody who could tell me if they know anybody who got accepted to a university with low grades? Or will they want me to do a foundation year, because I don’t meet their criteria to move onto BA Hons straight away? I guess students who can move onto BA Hons straight away must have maths and English? Where as foundation year is for people with lower grades?
As I mentioned, I achieved D*D in L3, and I’m aiming to achieve DDD in Extended (Travel & Tourism) even though I believe that this isn’t enough to meet university’s criteria, because they also want some GCSE’s. Therefore, foundation year? Or none of the above? 😕 p.s I want to do Business Management.

help me out guys.
Which universities are you thinking about? You should contact them because different universities will have different policies.
Well...I did an Access to Science course and I know some of my classmates who did their GCSE maths and english alongside it and they got into uni. I don't know how helpful this is actually, just want to tell you that you will still be able to get into uni as long your qualifications are considered equivalent. But GCSE maths and english are definitely needed if not mistaken.
(edited 4 years ago)
Usually the minimum requirement for Universities are a passing grade (grade 4) in Maths and English. But I'm sure you can talk to your university to arrange some sort of rest or redo your GCSE exam.

However, do email/call the university you're considering.
Reply 4
I’m not thinking about the top one’s. 😕either Northumbria, Anglian Ruskin (which has very low requirements) or Teesside University, which isn’t popular so you might not heard of it, and it also isn’t the best one in the UK.
Original post by YaliaV
Which universities are you thinking about? You should contact them because different universities will have different policies.
U need 4+ maths and English language

Anything else would be for a specific course

Quick Reply

Latest