Oral sex and smelly vagina

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My boyfriend and I are into oral sex, he said he really wants to eat me out as he’s never done it to his previous exes and I’ve never had it done so I was like why not, new experiences ! So he went down but then he asked me if I was on my period? I said no? He said there’s this periody off putting smell down there and that he thinks I started my period so we should do it another time. I hadn’t started my period and that made me feel concerned as I obviously wouldn’t want my boyfriend to think I’m unhygienic. I shower everyday, I know not to put scented soap/ shampoo in my vagina, the vagina cleans itself so I just wash the outside, I’m very hygienic so I don’t know why it smells. I also went doctor and got a swab check to test for infection or anything and it came back clean and my doctor said everything about my vagina is normal . Maybe that’s just my natural scent ? What do I do ??
Nislam16
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
After every loo visits wash with water, by just having bath/shower every morning won’t help. Change undies every day and keep it cleaned moisturise. Try it for a month and than check you’ll smell the difference
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally, I would try showering just before having sex because then you will know for sure that you are clean. If that makes difference - great, if not, it might just be your natural smell. In that case, you could maybe try flavoured lube to try and mask the smell/taste? But if you boyfriend doesn't want to go down on you, you can't really make him.

(Also, how does a guy know what a period smells like?!)
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boyfriend and I are into oral sex, he said he really wants to eat me out as he’s never done it to his previous exes and I’ve never had it done so I was like why not, new experiences ! So he went down but then he asked me if I was on my period? I said no? He said there’s this periody off putting smell down there and that he thinks I started my period so we should do it another time. I hadn’t started my period and that made me feel concerned as I obviously wouldn’t want my boyfriend to think I’m unhygienic. I shower everyday, I know not to put scented soap/ shampoo in my vagina, the vagina cleans itself so I just wash the outside, I’m very hygienic so I don’t know why it smells. I also went doctor and got a swab check to test for infection or anything and it came back clean and my doctor said everything about my vagina is normal . Maybe that’s just my natural scent ? What do I do ??
It could just be how you naturally smell. You sound like you have good hygiene and it's good that you got tested for anything going on, so try not to worry. Maybe that time in your cycle just caused a bit off a weird smell? Different periods of your cycle will cause your vaginal ~fluids~ to smell different. One other thing I could potentially recommend is getting some feminine wipes like femfresh and use them before you get down to business. I would also tell your boyfriend the things you are doing / have done in order to be clean so he knows you aren't just neglecting your hygiene.
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Vaginas have a natural smell.

As it's not a medical issue - I strongly suspect it's a boyfriend's experience issue.

If he's into oral sex - welcome to world-vagina.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You shower or wash before sex! You could use scented lube.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (46)
31.29%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (30)
20.41%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed