Should I suggest drinks or a meal and drinks for a first date? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I met this girl in a bar on holiday, we got chatting and it turns out we live only 15 minutes away from each other. As she was leaving she gave me her number and told me to message her, as she was leaving with her friends she turned around to look at me and smiled (I’m assuming that’s a good sign?)

Anyway I said we’ll have to meet up when we’re home and she said she’d like that. I’ve not been on a date in a while so I’m not sure whether to suggest drinks or a meal and drinks. Which would be better?
Keown x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How old are you ? If you’re between above 30 I’d take her for a meal but under 30 I’d say take her for drinks then if it goes well suggest a meal
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Keown x)
How old are you ? If you’re between above 30 I’d take her for a meal but under 30 I’d say take her for drinks then if it goes well suggest a meal
We’re mid 20’s
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just drinks imo. Meal for a 2nd or 3rd date.
black tea
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met this girl in a bar on holiday, we got chatting and it turns out we live only 15 minutes away from each other. As she was leaving she gave me her number and told me to message her, as she was leaving with her friends she turned around to look at me and smiled (I’m assuming that’s a good sign?)

Anyway I said we’ll have to meet up when we’re home and she said she’d like that. I’ve not been on a date in a while so I’m not sure whether to suggest drinks or a meal and drinks. Which would be better?
Go for drinks and suggest you both get the same drinks you had when you first met so you can remember your holiday
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Easy. Start with drinks then suggest going for a pizza etc!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Drinks. It's more casual.
Largest Bob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

I suggest a healthy meal of deep fried mars bars num num :P
beep4music
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also drinks are easier to finish if you guys don't get on as well as initially thought, a meal means you need to sit down and maybe be there for longer than needed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (289)
31.83%
The paper was reasonable (437)
48.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
12%
It was TERRIBLE (73)
8.04%

Watched Threads