The Student Room Group

I’m in love with my friends boyfriend and they just broke up...

I’ve liked this guy since I met him a year and a half ago, but then he got into a relationship, and when they broke up I was in a relationship. Then that ended and I started liking him again. My friend had already told many people that she wanted to ask him out and who would believe me if I said I never told anyone but I’ve liked this guy since I’ve met him please don’t go out with him. that would just be really *****y and stress my relationship with my friend. So I shut up and watched them date 😭. We went on a week long school trip, and I hated it. When they fought she’d sit with me on the bus and ignore him not even ending her silent treatment over something petty and stupid when he was crying in the other seat. But the next day they’re making out again. And I’m alone in the other seat extremely jealous. By the end of the WEEK LONG trip I saw him cry over her twice him cut himself and isolate himself not talking to anyone. The entire time she played the victim even when She told me she had feelings for one of his close friends during the trip. I just wished it was me instead of her. But in the end it wasn’t even him that ended it she broke up with him. Afterwards she’s asked to tag along to multiple things she wasn’t invited to that he’s going to saying how hard it’s been for her and how much she misses him. Even when he’s clearly avoided her in the hallways, and dodged her texts. I’ve been hanging out with him a lot but to all our friends it’ll seem like I’m the backstabber. Everyone knows you CANNOT date your friends ex’s especially since she still has feelings for him. if I date him what if I get shunned from the group. it would certainly ruin our friendship as well if but I really want to see where me and this guy stand and I’ve waited for us to both be single for so long. What do you guys think? Sorry this is long I just wanted you guys to get all the context.
Go for it
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve liked this guy since I met him a year and a half ago, but then he got into a relationship, and when they broke up I was in a relationship. Then that ended and I started liking him again. My friend had already told many people that she wanted to ask him out and who would believe me if I said I never told anyone but I’ve liked this guy since I’ve met him please don’t go out with him. that would just be really *****y and stress my relationship with my friend. So I shut up and watched them date 😭. We went on a week long school trip, and I hated it. When they fought she’d sit with me on the bus and ignore him not even ending her silent treatment over something petty and stupid when he was crying in the other seat. But the next day they’re making out again. And I’m alone in the other seat extremely jealous. By the end of the WEEK LONG trip I saw him cry over her twice him cut himself and isolate himself not talking to anyone. The entire time she played the victim even when She told me she had feelings for one of his close friends during the trip. I just wished it was me instead of her. But in the end it wasn’t even him that ended it she broke up with him. Afterwards she’s asked to tag along to multiple things she wasn’t invited to that he’s going to saying how hard it’s been for her and how much she misses him. Even when he’s clearly avoided her in the hallways, and dodged her texts. I’ve been hanging out with him a lot but to all our friends it’ll seem like I’m the backstabber. Everyone knows you CANNOT date your friends ex’s especially since she still has feelings for him. if I date him what if I get shunned from the group. it would certainly ruin our friendship as well if but I really want to see where me and this guy stand and I’ve waited for us to both be single for so long. What do you guys think? Sorry this is long I just wanted you guys to get all the context.

Friendship should be more important than some guy. You guys seem fairly young considering how you've written this, and that you've been on a school trip, so it's highly likely this guy will be totally irrelevant to all of your lives in a few months. Don't throw away a friendship over a guy who probably isn't worth it. If you do go out with him, and you lose all your friends, who will you turn to if the relationship then turns to crap and it ends? You won't have anyone, and that's not worth it. My current flatmate, since getting her boyfriend, has basically shunned all her friends to be with this guy all the time. If that ends, she won't be able to fall back onto anyone for support because there'll be no-one there. Keep that in mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending