Films and Programmes To Help Study/Revision

Watch this thread
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'd love to know your favourite films and programmes that help you study a subject. I've just found one called 'Precision: The Measure of All things', about the history of measurements.

Another student recomemned the series 'Numbers' to help with complex maths. It's about a guy helping to solve crimes through maths.

For Sherlock Holmes - the Jeremy Brett series' are supposed to be the most accurate, as he was said to carry a copy of the books with him, and if it didn't say it in the text he wouldn't do/say it either.

Do be careful though, especially with novels, as some are so removed from the actual item it is rediculous. One episode of Marples, based on an Agatha Christie book, totally changed the plot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads