The Student Room Group

A-Level Edexcel Economics B Paper 1 2019 Unofficial Markscheme 20/05

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tr0picalgaming
Might have got that. 11.57 rings a bell but can't really remember. Was NP/RevenueX100 so will get some marks for that at least :biggrin:

3.8/32.4 × 100
Original post by Makapakloser
52EBB6EA-A060-4303-A947-A27364F51B35.jpg.jpeg

nice calculator😂
Safe bro

Costed £100 !!
yeah i got 11.73 not 11.58 i remember now
Reply 44
11.73%, and $2.05bn dollars ez
Yeah imagine I got that right unless I read the wrong numbers or some **** as new the formula :biggrin:
what did u guys put for the interest rates question, in particular for the part where u had to say that it wont affect them.
Original post by ALEVELSAREHARD10
what did u guys put for the interest rates question, in particular for the part where u had to say that it wont affect them.

Affects them as rising interest rates could be start of a contractionary policy so will sell less items if people are saving/less aggregate demand.
If they have a loan to expand will become more expensive to pay it back.

Won't be affected if they expand within their retained profits by interest rates.
Depends on the elasticity of demand for the shoes whether they'd be affected in sales
#aqagang #edexcelscum
Affects them as rising interest rates could be start of a contractionary policy so will sell less items if people are saving/less aggregate demand.

Won't be affected if they expand within their retained profits by interest rates.
Depends on the elasticity of demand for the shoes whether they'd be affected in sales

that's a sick answer.
Original post by ALEVELSAREHARD10
that's a sick answer.

Yeah hopefully got something right :biggrin: the A* predicted grade is slipping fast :biggrin:
I put excess demand where supply was :/ wrote about the right things but got the graph wrong. How many marks will this limit me by?
I didn't shift it nah. I did what the diagram I have attached shows. I showed the market equilibrium and where excess demand exists
Original post by sachapannell
I put excess demand where supply was :/ wrote about the right things but got the graph wrong. How many marks will this limit me by?

I'm no examiner but would imagine you can still get 4 if you labelled axis, drawn the little dotted lines and things and gave a good explanation :biggrin:
Reply 53

That’s basically what I said as well. Also mentioned that it depends on what the proportion of their manufacturing is in the UK
I mentioned that they could be incentivised to save and deter capital/labour investment. Also that higher interest rates may lead to appreciation of sterling which could affect their export market ie. make it less competitive.
Original post by Jw2807
That’s basically what I said as well. Also mentioned that it depends on what the proportion of their manufacturing is in the UK
I didn't shift it nah. I did what the diagram I have attached shows. I showed the market equilibrium and where excess demand exists

yessss! Everyone I was speaking said they shifted the curve but I was pretty confident that you didn't have to
I think you're missing a question because the unofficial mark scheme only adds up to 90 marks at the moment :smile:
Original post by Chels.s01
yessss! Everyone I was speaking said they shifted the curve but I was pretty confident that you didn't have to

Original post by Chels.s01
I think you're missing a question because the unofficial mark scheme only adds up to 90 marks at the moment :smile:

It doesn't mean I'm right tho I am not a genuis but hope it gets a few marks nonetheless :biggrin:

And yeah I missed it thanks for pointing it out I've added it in :smile:
Original post by lewilaptoper
One question was explain if economies of scale are important to Nike. (12) but didn't really know how to say they weren't important. Think I said something about non-price competition as a counter to why they're not important.

I just mentioned dis-economies of scale

I also did non-price - the question said firms ''SUCH AS'' Nike, so I took it to mean I could talk about a different firm entirely that may not be looking to maximize sales volume as much. Hopefully, that's okay :/ Definitely one of if not the hardest question for me.

I was tempted to write that last part, but does it !???? Less spending would affect all areas of the economy, no? Not just price elastic areas? I did, however, mention something similar in my conclusion, as the premium shoes likely meant the consumers found it to be a smaller proportion of their total income, etc and so still buy despite higher interest rates.
Ahh ok sorry to hear that. Think timing was the main issue with most people including myself but didn't think the questions were too bad. Nothing we can do now but wait for August :smile:.

Timing was the main issue for my class as well

Quick Reply

Latest