I don’t think I’ll ever have a boyfriend again? Watch

Tori3651
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m 18, female, and I don’t think I’ll ever have a boyfriend again. Before you say I’m only 18 and have my whole life to meet someone, just hear me out. I’ve always been very mature for my age and never had any interest in boys my age cuz they’re just so immature (the majority at least). I had my first “boyfriend” when I was 17 but I broke up with him after 3 months cuz I realised I just wasn’t feeling anything and it’s a waste of time for both of us. I see people at 20/21 in a relationship and they’re so cute together and I want that so much, but I think I put up a front of “I’m too busy” cuz the ones I like don’t like me back, and the ones who do like me I reject. I really don’t help myself. It came up on my Snapchat memories that this time last year I was with my ex and it just got me thinking “damn I wish I had a boyfriend”. My best friend and I are in the same boat and we laugh about it together but it would just be nice to have a relationship with someone I truly love. I know it sounds sappy and sad but it’s the truth 🤷*♀️
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So do you want a boyfriend or not? You're not going to get one if you make out the impression to others that you aren't.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tori3651)
I’m 18, female, and I don’t think I’ll ever have a boyfriend again. Before you say I’m only 18 and have my whole life to meet someone, just hear me out. I’ve always been very mature for my age and never had any interest in boys my age cuz they’re just so immature (the majority at least). I had my first “boyfriend” when I was 17 but I broke up with him after 3 months cuz I realised I just wasn’t feeling anything and it’s a waste of time for both of us. I see people at 20/21 in a relationship and they’re so cute together and I want that so much, but I think I put up a front of “I’m too busy” cuz the ones I like don’t like me back, and the ones who do like me I reject. I really don’t help myself. It came up on my Snapchat memories that this time last year I was with my ex and it just got me thinking “damn I wish I had a boyfriend”. My best friend and I are in the same boat and we laugh about it together but it would just be nice to have a relationship with someone I truly love. I know it sounds sappy and sad but it’s the truth 🤷*♀️
I'm gonna say it. You're only 18! Relax, you literally have about several decades before this thought should be crossing your mind. You also sound like you know what the issue is and how to change it - start letting people in and putting yourself out there and you'll find someone. But don't expect it to happen immediately or to find your happily ever after now.
grebnesieH
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is no one you have met that can be your boyfriend. That doesnt mean no one can be your boyfriene.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
You're basing how you feel off one experience. It's way more likely that you were not compatible with this guy, rather than there being an issue with you.

It's hard to find someone who you like and who magically likes you back, but like the previous poster said, you have time. You can go out and actively seek these relationships, or you could sit back and wait for it to happen.

If you miss the guy you were dating, maybe it could have worked out all along.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xDron3)
So do you want a boyfriend or not? You're not going to get one if you make out the impression to others that you aren't.
Agreed because others will have conversations like this:

Potential boyfriend: "hey I'm thinking of asking out this girl soon she looks pretty cool"
Friend of someone you rejected: "oh don't bother, my friend got rejected by her don't think she's looking for anything, she's rejected a few others too"
No longer potential boyfriend: "oh that sucks, oh well"
asif007
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You seem to have a very high opinion of yourself. I think there's a big difference between how you see yourself and how guys see you. You claim to be "mature for my age" and yet you're still playing stupid teenage mind-games with guys. If you chase guys who don't like you and reject those that do then you only have yourself to blame. You want what you can't have, as do most girls your age - and that's far from mature behaviour. I don't understand why you seem to think it's the guys who are being immature when you put up a front of "I'm too busy" and keep chasing people who aren't interested in you.
Adz2042
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Top comment here.
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Agreed because others will have conversations like this:

Potential boyfriend: "hey I'm thinking of asking out this girl soon she looks pretty cool"
Friend of someone you rejected: "oh don't bother, my friend got rejected by her don't think she's looking for anything, she's rejected a few others too"
No longer potential boyfriend: "oh that sucks, oh well"
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Not sure if you want someone to tell you that you are going to have another boyfriend or if you simply made this post to say you are never going to have a relationship again. What specific advice are you looking for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (333)
15.61%
The paper was reasonable (1164)
54.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (460)
21.57%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.25%

Watched Threads