Kellie156
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've applied to nursing. Have to choose between man met and ljmu. Which is a better uni and what city is more affordable.
LJMU Student Rep
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Kellie

I live in Liverpool and I have also spent a lot of time in Manchester and I would definitely say in confidence that Liverpool is more affordable than Manchester. Manchester is a much bigger and more spread-out city, so travel is more expensive and I have found going out for food and drinks to be more expensive in Manchester. Check out this website, that compares the cost of living in both cities,
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...are_cities.jsp country1=United+Kingdom&city1=Manchester&country2=United+Kingdom&city2=Liverpool

In terms of what University is best, it is best to look at each University and decide what is more suited to you in terms of what you are looking for and what they offer. LJMU offers a lot of pastoral and academic support such as study skills and workshops. 1 to 1's are available in our learning resource centres for academic support. You can also submit drafts to your module leader, prior to submission for feedback before submitting the final piece of work. Your lectures will look at 20% of your work if you are struggling with something, so this means you can direct them to the part you need feedback on.

Student nurses have 1 day per week in University whilst on placement, which acts as support as you have access to your personal tutor and module leader to raise any concerns or worries about placement. there is also an academic link who you can speak to whilst on placement and they can visit you if required. 3 weeks in every year is designated to personal development so your tutors will look at your grades, practice documents and discuss the transition to the next level and how you are feeling about it to get you ready!

If you register here for one of our undergraduate open days you will meet our student mentors who have been through the process of being a student nurse at LJMU, and they can give you their honest opinion of how they found it. Visiting LJMU for an open day is the best way to see if the University and city is for you. I would also advise going to an open day at Manchester Met so you can compare between both Universities, and make the best decision for you.

Register through the following link https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/undergr...uate-open-days

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask me, as I will find out for you :heart:

(Original post by Kellie156)
I've applied to nursing. Have to choose between man met and ljmu. Which is a better uni and what city is more affordable.
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kellie156)
Liverpool is definitely more affordable than Manchester. Manchester isn't cheap. I go to LJMU and I love it. I know people who have been to both, and generally people have like LJMU and the couple of people I know who went to man met didn't like it.
What is better for you isn't necessarily the same as what is better to someone else. You just need to decide what is important to you, and see from there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads