Rainforest water and carbon cycles in relation to global governance

Watch
mafyuuu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
A practice question in the AQA A level Geography textbook says:
"With reference to an area of rainforest you have studied, assess the extent to which the water and carbon cycles in that area may be related to global governance."

What would be good to write about in this question? Maybe attempts to mitigate climate change by the IPCC and Paris/Kyoto agreements? I'm just struggling to find many direct links with global governance. Thanks!
mattme1963
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, a comment on attempts to mitigate climate change, if linked closely to local carbon (and water) cycles would be great.

I would hinge the question on 'global'. So, I would comment on regional governance (ACTO, Tarapoto process, Tumucumaque National Park - 3.84 million hectares, Brazilian Forest Code, Latin American Technical Cooperation Network, Central Amazon Conservation Complex - 49,000km^2). Then, I would link this to more global governance, maybe comment on the IPCC - a product of the UN - and the Paris Accords, and maybe link to a need to govern global attitudes in order to preserve equilibrium of water and carbon cycles in Amazon region.

Assuming this would be a 20-marker? Hope this could help
mafyuuu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you! Yes this was indeed a 20 marker, hoping I don't get something like it tomorrow but at least I was on the right lines with my original idea.
(Original post by mattme1963)
Yeah, a comment on attempts to mitigate climate change, if linked closely to local carbon (and water) cycles would be great.

I would hinge the question on 'global'. So, I would comment on regional governance (ACTO, Tarapoto process, Tumucumaque National Park - 3.84 million hectares, Brazilian Forest Code, Latin American Technical Cooperation Network, Central Amazon Conservation Complex - 49,000km^2). Then, I would link this to more global governance, maybe comment on the IPCC - a product of the UN - and the Paris Accords, and maybe link to a need to govern global attitudes in order to preserve equilibrium of water and carbon cycles in Amazon region.

Assuming this would be a 20-marker? Hope this could help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (60)
22.06%
Excited but a bit nervous (124)
45.59%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.87%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.49%

Watched Threads