Using ucas to apply to uni Watch

Embare8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm about to start to my HE diploma in order to get into uni but I'm a bit confused about ucas.

I have contacted the university and they have told me their entry requirements but I realised I have no idea how to actually apply.

Do you always need to apply via ucas? Can you register to ucas privately, if you're not in sixth form or college and then use them to apply?

If anyone has ever applied to uni via ucas whilst not in higher education, I'd really appreciate some advice. I have looked online and can't seem to find much information.

Sorry if these seem like silly questions but I left school years ago and wont be applying with the help of a sixth form or college and I'm not sure how it all works. Tia.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Embare8)
I'm about to start to my HE diploma in order to get into uni but I'm a bit confused about ucas.

I have contacted the university and they have told me their entry requirements but I realised I have no idea how to actually apply.

Do you always need to apply via ucas? Can you register to ucas privately, if you're not in sixth form or college and then use them to apply?

If anyone has ever applied to uni via ucas whilst not in higher education, I'd really appreciate some advice. I have looked online and can't seem to find much information.

Sorry if these seem like silly questions but I left school years ago and wont be applying with the help of a sixth form or college and I'm not sure how it all works. Tia.
Are you studying an Access Diploma - a 1 year course finishing in summer 2020?
If so then yes you apply through UCAS. You can set up an account now for 2020 apply as an individual applicant (you can change this over later if you need to) to get an idea of the sort of information you need to provide - but when you start your course your tutor will help you put your application together and provide a reference by the January 2020 deadline.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (280)
15.46%
The paper was reasonable (1009)
55.72%
Not feeling great about that exam... (387)
21.37%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
7.45%

Watched Threads