The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by rose1233_
How many marks do I need to lose in that paper to get an A*?

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-RL-GDE-BDY-JUN-2018.PDF check this out for last year's grade boundaries. They will not be the same though, just similar.
Reply 381
Hmmm what band would you say??

Original post by whuang
idk what the mark schemes usually are but you might get capped by the mark bands
i only mentioned about how there are less chunks to remember in the pin code than the phone number, not sure if this is right
Original post by Saltystud3nt
Yeah I did, and I said that's why we can remember 4 digit PIN numbers because they fit within this capacity
Original post by KimchiCupRamen
I thought the cognitive interview was pure evaluation? Therefore, you didn't need to say what the components of the cognitive interview were as that's AO1. It was looking for AO3 points so two strongly PEEL/PEEE paragraphs

That’s what I initially thought but I thought if you read the question it didn’t ask for evaluation of cognitive interview it asked for you to evaluate how it improved the eyewitness testimony
Original post by Anniehed
That’s what I initially thought but I thought if you read the question it didn’t ask for evaluation of cognitive interview it asked for you to evaluate how it improved the eyewitness testimony

Pretty sure it was all AO3
me too !
Original post by kikaritae
I wrote about Rutter and how institutionalisation affects later attachments and also Hazan and Shaver with relationships for the attachments 16 marker - hoping they'll accept Rutter because it was a bit of a reach :/
Surely a limitation to the 2 process model would be that it is reductionist because it's a behaviourist approach so doesn't take into account more complex cognitions to do with social phobias...
Original post by studyr
Social Influence

Resistance to social influence = LOC (High internal) and Social Support from obedience or conformity.
Ratio - 1:7
Test - Chi-squared because unrelated, independent groups and nominal data.
Social Change and smoking - Drawing attention, commitment, deeper processing, snowball, social crypotomnesia. Must make link to stem.
Discuss ethical issues of research into social influence - ao3 but ethical of either zimbardo, asch or Milgram

Memory
A & E
Evaluations of cognitive interview - Milne & Bull, cost, time-consuming etc.. (kinda got stuck here loool)
MSM but AO2 - Link to stem and talk about MSM can get a mark for diagram and evaluations can be oversimplifies LTM, STM and LTM are separate i dont think artificial would apply cause it's about real life material idk

Attachment
Role of the father findings - schaffer & emerson's, grossman or field
Economy and Role of father - assures mothers to leave their child with fathers cause it wont affect emotional development so less money company pays for maternitiy leave which helps economy
Influence of early attachment on child and/or adult relationships - IMW Bowlby, Hazan and Shaver love quiz or myron-wilson and smith for childhood. Ao3 - temperament, culture, pessimistic etc.

Psychopathology -
behavioural characteristic of depression - disruption to sleep and eating and reduced activity level
agoraphobia and the 3 definitions of abnormality - could use all but link to stem
two process model limitation - no clue mind went blank
case study question - missed it cause timingggggg
neural explanations of ocd - low level serotonin, prefrontal cortex and hoarding, left parahippocampul gyrus and OCD
eva = serotonin-ocd link no unique cause depression

feel free to add or correct
Original post by studyr
My evaluations sucked cause of timing and rushed psychopathology and attachment essay in last 20 mins. You'd think with that many questions they'd give more time but nah...

i got the questions i did right but i legit ran out of time and couldnt do both 8 markers and a 6 marker. I will hopefully do better in paper 2 because i need a B but im really panicking
To be honest, regardless of what it was I think that the CI question will be the poorest answered on the paper. I didn't think it would come up again.
Original post by Anniehed
Original post by TellMeWhy123232
In each paper?

Yed
Reply 390
if you look at any past paper mark schemes with a 16 marker with a stem, it says level 1(1-4 marks) says Application is limited or absent. level 2 (2-7 marks) says Application to the stem is partial. So if you didnt mention anything about the numbers at all then prob 4 marks, or 7 if you mentioned it like once or smth
Original post by Hln123
Hmmm what band would you say??
Reply 391
Oh noooooooooooo
Original post by whuang
if you look at any past paper mark schemes with a 16 marker with a stem, it says level 1(1-4 marks) says Application is limited or absent. level 2 (2-7 marks) says Application to the stem is partial. So if you didnt mention anything about the numbers at all then prob 4 marks, or 7 if you mentioned it like once or smth
With the 2 process model was there any stem to link to? Apparently there was stem about a spider at some part of the paper but I don’t remember that😂
Original post by Akuni
I said as limitation that it didn't explain phobias not following a trauma so its only a partial explanation
Original post by zarrin_x
I put Mann Whitney too! guessing that’s wrong 😭 whole four marks

I have a scribe who gave me a spare copy of the paper so I’m gonna go find my teacher on Wednesday and ask him, will let you know what he says!
Original post by Bajoai
Did you have to link the case study question to the stem because i didn’t? I just directly compared it to questionnaires

it didn't say u had to but I just briefly mentioned patient x, don't think it matters though
Original post by v25
Completely forgot about the STEM in the 16 marker but other than that it looks like it has gone decent :smile:

Omg I was the same I just saw discuss multi store model and got ahead of my self cuz I was like I know this and then realised there was a stem 🤦🏻*♀️
What was the stem for the MSM 16 marker?? Completely forgotten what it was but don’t recall writing about the stem, so could someone remind me?
Reply 397
Original post by Hln123
Oh noooooooooooo

dw i could be wrong, theres two other papers to redeem yourself anyways plus u can drop 20 marks per paper and still get an A* so dont stress
4 digit PIN and 11 digit phone number
Original post by pastelrose
What was the stem for the MSM 16 marker?? Completely forgotten what it was but don’t recall writing about the stem, so could someone remind me?
It was basically saying 4 digit numbers are easy to remember and then talked about phone numbers being 11 digit and how it’s hard to remember your friends with out getting interrupted . Something like that so I wrote a para at the end and talked about chunking

Latest

Trending

Trending