Traffic lights Watch

Katem2997
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So there was traffic in front of me, and I was on the traffic light crossing half on and half off, but the traffic lights turned red, but then the traffic in front started to move, so did I, will I get a points/lose my license, as there were cameras on the traffic lights, but I was half on half off?? I’ve only have my license since January...
Admit-One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No one knows for certain, you will need to wait for a letter.

Even if this was a red light camera, you'd likely either get automatic points or an option to do a driving awareness course.

Just pay more attention and don't enter a crossing if there's no space for you to go anywhere.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Katem2997)
So there was traffic in front of me, and I was on the traffic light crossing half on and half off, but the traffic lights turned red, but then the traffic in front started to move, so did I, will I get a points/lose my license, as there were cameras on the traffic lights, but I was half on half off?? I’ve only have my license since January...
In my view, you didn't do something wrong. In the moment of crossing the side road, it matters what the colour of the traffic light is. As long as it is green, you have still the right to cross. That is what I think about.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's not that you went through the red that was the problem I don't think, it's that you didn't make sure your way was clear. If there's traffic beyond a crossing (or a box junction or anything else you're not meant to block) even if your light is on green you must wait until there's space for you on the other side, or it can cause a lot of problems for everyone else. All you can do is wait and see. If you have a currently clean license I wouldn't think you'd lose it for that, though.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
It's not that you went through the red that was the problem I don't think, it's that you didn't make sure your way was clear. If there's traffic beyond a crossing (or a box junction or anything else you're not meant to block) even if your light is on green you must wait until there's space for you on the other side, or it can cause a lot of problems for everyone else. All you can do is wait and see. If you have a currently clean license I wouldn't think you'd lose it for that, though.
Aren't pedestrians and bikers crossing a side road more in responsibility to wait and see for space when traffic light changes to green? since I had almost an accident, I make sure to wait and cross the street seconds later as a pedestriant or biker.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cameras ON the traffic lights?? I think you’re getting confused with sensors.

Post a google street view link of the lights.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Aren't pedestrians and bikers crossing a side road more in responsibility to wait and see for space when traffic light changes to green? since I had almost an accident, I make sure to wait and cross the street seconds later as a pedestriant or biker.
Of course they should make sure it's safe to cross, but a driver should never be in the situation where they were blocking a crossing.
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
Cameras ON the traffic lights?? I think you’re getting confused with sensors.

Post a google street view link of the lights.
There are traffic lights with cameras near where I am, and you are fined or given points if you go through on a red.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Of course they should make sure it's safe to cross, but a driver should never be in the situation where they were blocking a crossing. (...)
When the traffic light is green for car drivers, they aren't blocking a crossing in my view, it is rather vice versa. The crucial situation is the changing from green to red, some drivers even drive on when the traffic light turned into red for some seconds. In this situation, they are dangerous, if people don't look around before crossing the street.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There are traffic lights with cameras near where I am, and you are fined or given points if you go through on a red.
Right ok... Thanks for that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads