username3821952
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Okay I'm in year 13 and I wanted to get ABC in my A levels.
I've just done my psychology paper 1 (AQA) and I feel like I really messed it up. I was so prepared but my exam technique just went out the window. I panicked, messed up my timing etc. I really wanted to walk out the room.
I don't think I'll get my A levels I want. I have an unconditional offer but still wanted to do well. I've been suffering so much anxiety and I really don't think I will do it.
How much do A levels matter in the future?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zxr_)
I've just done my psychology paper 1 (AQA) and I feel like I really messed it up. I was so prepared but my exam technique just went out the window. I panicked, messed up my timing etc. I really wanted to walk out the room.
I don't think I'll get my A levels I want. I have an unconditional offer but still wanted to do well. I've been suffering so much anxiety and I really don't think I will do it.
Stop panicking! You've done better than you think. I almost cried in one of my psychology papers because it was much harder and a bigger struggle to get my timings right than I thought, and I came out with an A*. Focus on your upcoming exams. Have a cry over this one, but then dust yourself off and carry on.
username3821952
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Stop panicking! You've done better than you think. I almost cried in one of my psychology papers because it was much harder and a bigger struggle to get my timings right than I thought, and I came out with an A*. Focus on your upcoming exams. Have a cry over this one, but then dust yourself off and carry on.
I messed up my essays and stuff as well
cristinavrr98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zxr_)
I believe that because you have an unconditional you don't have to worry that much. Yes, it would be nice to have good grades but if it is not going to happen, it does not matter. When you get to University, teachers do not know about you, whether you got in with 3 A*s or through clearing. In terms of jobs, I think it depends on what you want to do and the requirements needed for each individual company and employer. But I think if you have a degree they won't care as much about your A levels. However, don't overthink it!! You still have 2 more papers to sit and have time to prepare more for them. Last year I thought my exam went so badly I expected a D and in the end I got a B. People are more lenient as examiners because the grade boundaries are lower and they know that you are under pressure. Don't worry about it and practice more for the other exams now i hope this helps
username3821952
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone. I do feel a bit better
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zxr_)
I messed up my essays and stuff as well
My advice still stands. Have a mope and then press on with future exams
username3821952
Rep:
?
You’re right. I was convinced I’d failed my gcse bio but I got an A so I need to get a grip
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
My advice still stands. Have a mope and then press on with future exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads