The Student Room Group

TSR taking over my emails

so like an idiot, I used my main email the one to activate this account so I muted my email notifs cause TSR literally spams the emails but I’ve been missing important emails cause of this. Is there a way to block the emails from tsr??? Help pls I’m drowning in annoying emails

Scroll to see replies

58C1AD32-B506-4852-BB19-0CBAB1B8F227.jpeg
Original post by annoymous_
so like an idiot, I used my main email the one to activate this account so I muted my email notifs cause TSR literally spams the emails but I’ve been missing important emails cause of this. Is there a way to block the emails from tsr??? Help pls I’m drowning in annoying emails

I used my main email too, and have just turned off emails from TSR. Should be in your settings here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=emailoptions
Reply 3
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
58C1AD32-B506-4852-BB19-0CBAB1B8F227.jpeg

How do I find this in the app?
Reply 4
How do I find this in the app?

Unfortunately you cannot change the setting on the app. So you'll need to use the normal website to make this change :smile:

If that 100% isn't possible, reply to this saying so.
Reply 5
Original post by 8472
Unfortunately you cannot change the setting on the app. So you'll need to use the normal website to make this change :smile:

If that 100% isn't possible, reply to this saying so.

Yeah I had to use the online website, thanks tho
Yeah I had to use the online website, thanks tho

Heya, out of curiosity as the feedback is really helpful - what emails were you getting that were annoying and how many were you receiving?
Reply 7
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Heya, out of curiosity as the feedback is really helpful - what emails were you getting that were annoying and how many were you receiving?

It was the ones on you might be interested i this discussion or someone has posted in a discussion you’re in. I was getting like over 5 a day. It’s pointlesss cause I can go on the app and see the notifs myself. Also I’m angry cause I’m still getting the emails it didn’t work
It was the ones on you might be interested i this discussion or someone has posted in a discussion you’re in. I was getting like over 5 a day. It’s pointlesss cause I can go on the app and see the notifs myself. Also I’m angry cause I’m still getting the emails it didn’t work

Would you be able to upload a screen shot of the email contents? Want to figure out which ones these are as I don't think you should be getting five a day.

Also have you made sure your watched thread email alerts are switched off here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=emailoptions ?
Reply 9
Would you be able to upload a screen shot of the email contents? Want to figure out which ones these are as I don't think you should be getting five a day.

Also have you made sure your watched thread email alerts are switched off here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=emailoptions ?

Yeah I literally did that but it hadn’t worked 😭
FEE8D188-BAE2-4991-97DC-B49F18EF0BA9.jpg.jpeg8FFB3591-22C8-4716-8367-96456A03A015.jpg.jpeg285AD4A5-DF1F-4C41-AEB3-36764599DA1F.jpg.jpeg EDF08118-79D0-41BC-B0F7-4E150E3277A5.jpg.jpeg
An example of Monday. I know some are replies to discussion but I don’t want them I can just open the app and see that for myself
FEE8D188-BAE2-4991-97DC-B49F18EF0BA9.jpg.jpeg8FFB3591-22C8-4716-8367-96456A03A015.jpg.jpeg285AD4A5-DF1F-4C41-AEB3-36764599DA1F.jpg.jpeg EDF08118-79D0-41BC-B0F7-4E150E3277A5.jpg.jpeg
An example of Monday. I know some are replies to discussion but I don’t want them I can just open the app and see that for myself

...I can see why this might be overwhelming.

You're still getting them for those threads?

Are you getting them for new threads you're watching?

I'm wondering if the emails aren't turning off for previous subscriptions :s-smilie:
The fight has just started but the war is not lost. Email spam them back. Stand your ground soldier.
Fr tho email them about it or block them from your email.
Reply 14
I'm getting spammed with emails as well. It appears I don't actually have the option to disable them. I've been getting like 100 a day maybe more if I counted. They are all discussion replies.
Capture.PNG
Reply 15

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/subscription.php
Use that page to manage individual thread watches.
If you want to remove all of your currently watched threads you can do so here.
That should then stop any retrospective emails and notifications. With the email setting off, automatic watch setting off you can then manually pick and choose which threads you want notifications for and how they are delivered.
Reply 16
Original post by LVTS
I'm getting spammed with emails as well. It appears I don't actually have the option to disable them. I've been getting like 100 a day maybe more if I counted. They are all discussion replies.
Capture.PNG

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions

Find this part:

Turn off Enable per-thread email notification settings and you can disable automatic watch thread on posting.

You can then as above manage current watched threads via this page.
I just set up a rule to put them straight into a folder, stopped them taking up my main inbox and made deleting them easier.

Don't receive many of them anymore though.
Original post by LVTS
Capture.PNG

Are you using the TSR app? Did you register through the app?

@MdE77 do you know waht the default email settings are for new members?
Reply 19
I'm using the web browser version on my Computer. I did not register through the App either. @8472 I have cleared my current watched threads as you suggested. :smile:
Are you using the TSR app? Did you register through the app?

@MdE77 do you know waht the default email settings are for new members?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending