A level english lit - In keats and death of a salesmen, women are victims

Watch
fatcatslol
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My points so far:
- she is cheated on
- victim of the mistakes has made and has to endure these

for keats, id chose the ve of st agnes and lamia
the eve: perhaps gets raped and is manipulated into believing shes in a dream.
lamia: victim in the mortal world, she goes through pain to become beautiful for it to be destroyed by wisdom

any more points or other poems i could discuss??
jess10810
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
You could talk about la belle and how she is a victim of the patriarchy and how they view women who express their sexuality in a way that is deemed ‘immoral’. La belle isn’t this mystical creature but a woman who is aware of what she wants sexually.
In The Eve of St Agnes you could talk about how Madeline is also a victim of a patriarchal society, with regards to how Porphyro has sex with her (debatable as to whether is was rape) and is conformed to marriage otherwise she’s seen as an embarrassment to society.
You could also link to the legend of the Eve of St Agnes and how this confirms women to feel as though they need to be rescued by a man.
Linda is also a victim of societal pressures on women throughout the 1950s, to be the adoring wife and never question Willy’s actions.
In Death of a Salesman you could also talk about how ‘The Woman’ has negative undertones and portrays her more of a villain than Willy, therefore a victim (but that’s a stretch)
You could possibly talk about Happy and how he associates sex with women as ‘like bowing’.
I’m in year 12 so I’ve not done the whole course, do you do King Lear ?
fatcatslol
Rep:
thank you that was v helpful
no i do othello sorry my exams on thursday
(Original post by jess10810)
You could talk about la belle and how she is a victim of the patriarchy and how they view women who express their sexuality in a way that is deemed ‘immoral’. La belle isn’t this mystical creature but a woman who is aware of what she wants sexually.
In The Eve of St Agnes you could talk about how Madeline is also a victim of a patriarchal society, with regards to how Porphyro has sex with her (debatable as to whether is was rape) and is conformed to marriage otherwise she’s seen as an embarrassment to society.
You could also link to the legend of the Eve of St Agnes and how this confirms women to feel as though they need to be rescued by a man.
Linda is also a victim of societal pressures on women throughout the 1950s, to be the adoring wife and never question Willy’s actions.
In Death of a Salesman you could also talk about how ‘The Woman’ has negative undertones and portrays her more of a villain than Willy, therefore a victim (but that’s a stretch)
You could possibly talk about Happy and how he associates sex with women as ‘like bowing’.
I’m in year 12 so I’ve not done the whole course, do you do King Lear ?
jess10810
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
A-level or AS exam )
fatcatslol
Rep:
a level
(Original post by jess10810)
A-level or AS exam )
jess10810
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fatcatslol)
a level
Good luck !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (64)
32.82%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27.69%
No (52)
26.67%
I'm not sure (25)
12.82%

Watched Threads