The Student Room Group

A level History: Britain 1625-1701

Hi.
Anyone doing this exam tomorrow?
Reply 2
How are u feeling about it?
Original post by PleasantShudder
How are u feeling about it?

Nervous i feel like the questions are just gonna be mean :redface: wbu?
Reply 4
Same. I really don't want society to come up
Same. I really don't want society to come up

Religion is the worst and seeing as it didn't come up last year strong likelihood of it
Reply 6
I don't mind religion.
How u feeling about Economy?
I don't mind religion.
How u feeling about Economy?

I mean i just get confused slightly with the religious groups and so on

Economy is okay i reckon a question on the Anglo dutch rivalry is coming up

Wbu?
Reply 8
Ya economy is ok....
Ya when it comes to the religious factions it does get a bit confusing.
Ya economy is ok....
Ya when it comes to the religious factions it does get a bit confusing.

Its not bad
Yeah its clear cut as to what happens with regards to religion u have the anti-catholic feeling, laudian reforms and radicals not sure wat question would come up tho:s-smilie:
Reply 10
It also depends on the time period; Charles 1, civil war+interregnum or Restoration era
It also depends on the time period; Charles 1, civil war+interregnum or Restoration era

Yeah thats true

You confident about the exam?
Reply 12
about 5/10 confidence wise.
wbu?
about 5/10 confidence wise.
wbu?

Same :rofl:
How did you find it?
I picked the Interregnum question for Section A: wasn't too bad but struggled to find many religious issues that caused division apart from the radicalism of the New Model Army, and religious radicalism in the Nominated Assembly. My argument was heavily weighted against this being the main cause of divisions as I mentioned the conservative nature of Parliaments and the role of the Army as being more significant.
Section B: I chose the question on the status of women which I felt was my best essay as I had a few bits of obscure evidence and I talked about the temporal change in status of women peaking in the Civil War and 1650s rather than being a long term change.
Section C: Was a bit short for time for this and annoyingly it was about the Toleration Act which was the element of the Glorious Revolution that had the least detail. I mainly talked about the Toleration Act not being that significant as Acts like the Test Act and Act of Uniformity had not been repealed and were still enshrined in law, as well as the fact that Catholics still didn't gain toleration until much later( 20th Century). Found it difficult to analyse the extracts as they both sort of mentioned the same points.
Hopefully, the questions for Russia in Revolution will be kinder.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Arkham Knight
How did you find it?
I picked the Interregnum question for Section A: wasn't too bad but struggled to find many religious issues that caused division apart from the radicalism of the New Model Army, and religious radicalism in the Nominated Assembly. My argument was heavily weighted against this being the main cause of divisions as I mentioned the conservative nature of Parliaments and the role of the Army as being more significant.
Section B: I chose the question on the status of women which I felt was my best essay as I had a few bits of obscure evidence and I talked about the temporal change in status of women peaking in the Civil War and 1650s rather than being a long term change.
Section C: Was a bit short for time for this and annoyingly it was about the Toleration Act which was the element of the Glorious Revolution that had the least detail. I mainly talked about the Toleration Act not being that significant as Acts like the Test Act and Act of Uniformity had not been repealed and were still enshrined in law, as well as the fact that Catholics still didn't gain toleration until much later( 20th Century). Found it difficult to analyse the extracts as they both sort of mentioned the same points.
Hopefully, the questions for Russia in Revolution will be kinder.

It was okay the questions were not to bad, although picking evidence was difficult timing was an issue really wanted to read over my essays but didn’t have any time to :redface:
I did Charles I and women as well :five:
Hope it went well feel as tho I could have mentioned more but oh well have 2 more papers to pick my grade up. Overall it was okay just timing got me finished all but wanted to look over and mention more points :smile:
Reply 16
Ya that glorious revolution question was terrible. The question was supposed to be how revolutinary was the Glorious Revolution not lets focus on one insignificant Act!
Ya that glorious revolution question was terrible. The question was supposed to be how revolutinary was the Glorious Revolution not lets focus on one insignificant Act!

I hate it when they do that :angry:

On the plus side I think a lot of people will have struggled with Section C so it may affect the grade boundaries slightly in our favor, not sure though...
Original post by Arkham Knight
On the plus side I think a lot of people will have struggled with Section C so it may affect the grade boundaries slightly in our favor, not sure though...

:crossedf: lets hope so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending