S82286
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For the national minimum wage question in the AQA paper people are talking about writing about the labour market but I wrote about its effect on poverty. Am I wrong with what I have written?
Last edited by S82286; 1 year ago
CandidateZero
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is important to note that the question was about wage differentials. Whilst discussion of NMW would have been valid, it should not have been the only factor under consideration. Others included differentials in the skills of individuals, the elasticity of supply of labour, and discrimination in labour markets.

Poverty is generally considered a macroeconomic issue, but I have seen microeconomic mark schemes (namely, the SAM paper) that have a discussion of it. As long as your analysis did not soley focus on poverty and you considered other microeconomic issues, I don't see too much of a problem in discussing poverty.

Edit: Assuming this is Edexcel A, Section C.
S82286
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Sorry I should’ve put that it was AQA, thank you for your response though
(Original post by CandidateZero)
It is important to note that the question was about wage differentials. Whilst discussion of NMW would have been valid, it should not have been the only factor under consideration. Others included differentials in the skills of individuals, the elasticity of supply of labour, and discrimination in labour markets.

Poverty is generally considered a macroeconomic issue, but I have seen microeconomic mark schemes (namely, the SAM paper) that have a discussion of it. As long as your analysis did not soley focus on poverty and you considered other microeconomic issues, I don't see too much of a problem in discussing poverty.

Edit: Assuming this is Edexcel A, Section C.
CandidateZero
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not a problem - the AQA question seems very similar to Edexcel's one today!
(Original post by S82286)
Sorry I should’ve put that it was AQA, thank you for your response though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (125)
42.96%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.46%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (116)
39.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
1.72%

Watched Threads