The Student Room Group

approaching people in clubs

Any tips on how a girl can approach a guy at a club.
Reply 1
Just be yourself.
If on the dancefloor, Walk up, tap on the shoulder and speak in the ear (if it's a loud environment).
If outside (in the "smoking area"), speak as normal, and ask a straight-forward question, eg: "Hey, I'm new in this town & I'm in my first year at uni (make something up). Are you at uni too?"

If not in a uni town, and you're just going clubbing in general, just ask any question that comes to mind. Maybe pick something that the guy is wearing like his shirt or a particular ring / bracelet or shoe style and talk about it. Ask why he wore that particular item today in the club.
Act normal...be casual...
Original post by Adz2042
Just be yourself.
If on the dancefloor, Walk up, tap on the shoulder and speak in the ear (if it's a loud environment).
If outside (in the "smoking area"), speak as normal, and ask a straight-forward question, eg: "Hey, I'm new in this town & I'm in my first year at uni (make something up). Are you at uni too?"

If not in a uni town, and you're just going clubbing in general, just ask any question that comes to mind. Maybe pick something that the guy is wearing like his shirt or a particular ring / bracelet or shoe style and talk about it. Ask why he wore that particular item today in the club.
Just exist. Seriously, you don't even need to approach at a club.
Reply 4
Smoking area I either ask for a lighter, compliment someone then ask where it’s from then naturally ask where they’re from and go from there… that works better than you think.

In the actual club usually making eye contact at the bar is a good way to start if you both smile or something, alcohol + bored in a queue is a great way to spark a convo. Anything else would just be spontaneous, people are usually busy with their friends when they’re on the floor
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Any tips on how a girl can approach a guy at a club.

firstly have a goal in mind. why are you approaching him?

Too many times girls have approached me in clubs and i've had to take the lead.
Original post by ANM775
firstly have a goal in mind. why are you approaching him?

Too many times girls have approached me in clubs and i've had to take the lead.

How many times...
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
How many times...

put it this way, any numbers or makeouts I got, I had to initiate.....
Just go up to a guy and start talking to him. Don't overthink it.
Original post by ANM775
put it this way, any numbers or makeouts I got, I had to initiate.....

oh thanks sorry just got a bit curious 😂😂

Quick Reply