The Student Room Group

maths last minute revision tips

We have our first maths exam tomorrow... ahh
I've revised (mostly) everything and went over grade 8/9 stuff over easter, but I feel like I've forgotten everything. How are you guys last-minutely revising?
Reply 1
practice papers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not.
I'm just slowly dying in my procrastination. πŸ˜„
Best of luck for tomorrow! Xx :jumphug:
Original post by peachystudy
I've revised (mostly) everything and went over grade 8/9 stuff over easter, but I feel like I've forgotten everything. How are you guys last-minutely revising?
Original post by Stardom33
I'm not.

Same to u.....I really hope I get a grade 7....and to frickin topple it up....I have geography tomorrow too!:frown:
Reply 4
I'm freaked the **** out too... Just did a past paper and got 1 above a grade 7 which is fine since I want a six in total
Anything in particular you are stuck on?
Original post by foofung
I'm freaked the **** out too... Just did a past paper and got 1 above a grade 7 which is fine since I want a six in total

what did you get?
I'm just praying for a pass tbh. 6 is a bit aspriational, but saying that, if I see a 5 on results day I would probs cry. πŸ˜“πŸ˜’πŸ˜­
Awww dw you'll be fine! Good luck with Geography too. Xx
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Same to u.....I really hope I get a grade 7....and to frickin topple it up....I have geography tomorrow too!:frown:

Firstly, don’t panic. It’s a bit hard to not panic, I mean it’s maths... it seems like the most terrible thing you can ever sit an exam for. However, it’s better to think of it this way... you’re getting it over and done with. Secondly, I would like to say that whatever you do, whether you know the answer to the question or not, please attempt every question. One thing I have personally learnt is that even just trying to attempt the question by doing some kind of working out can give you a mark. Imagine getting at least 1 mark for the questions you don’t understand or don’t know the answer to? Every mark counts in an exam! Don’t try to cram in too much, it really doesn’t help. It just makes you panic even more about the exam. What I will suggest is keep doing practice papers, because as they say.. practice makes perfect. Anyway, that’s all there is to say! Good luck on your exam, hopefully you’ll smash it! Believe in yourself and your capabilities!
Ahh thanks! :jumphug: I think the exam went reasonably well, although I didn't get an answer for the last q :lol:
How was it for you? XX
I'm not.

Hope the exams go good for you :heart:
Ummmmm...
Well....
Let's just say I am a failure and leave it at that. Honestly, before the actual exams started, I was aiming for 7-9s in all subjects, now I would genuinely be happy with a 4/5. 😝:cry2:
Good luck with the rest Xx
Ahh thanks! :jumphug: I think the exam went reasonably well, although I didn't get an answer for the last q :lol:
How was it for you? XX

Thanks ..thats soo sweet....You going to do soooo well gurl:smile:
Ummmmm...
Well....
Let's just say I am a failure and leave it at that. Honestly, before the actual exams started, I was aiming for 7-9s in all subjects, now I would genuinely be happy with a 4/5. 😝:cry2:

I know you are going to doo soo well..stop doubting yourself.:smile:
honestly, I agree with @Zoeyyyyyyyy , you're being waay too harsh on yourself. It's normal to think you've done badly coming out of an exam, when in reality you probably did really good! It's just exam stress, so don't worry. You'll get 7-9s :heart:
Good luck to you too!! xx
Ummmmm...
Well....

No worries, and thanks so much, hopefully :jumphug:
but I know you'll do amazingly xx
Thanks ..thats soo sweet....You going to do soooo well gurl:smile:
Thank you so much to both of you. Xx I hope you are right and that it is just exam stress. πŸ˜₯

Best of luck. :heart:
I know you are going to doo soo well..stop doubting yourself.:smile:

honestly, I agree with @Zoeyyyyyyyy , you're being waay too harsh on yourself. It's normal to think you've done badly coming out of an exam, when in reality you probably did really good! It's just exam stress, so don't worry. You'll get 7-9s :heart:
Good luck to you too!! xx

No worries, and thanks so much, hopefully :jumphug:
but I know you'll do amazingly xx

Quick Reply