Chemistry Edexcel A-level practicals - any others than the core ones? Un

Watch
ficklefairy16
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

So, I have been studying the 12 core practicals for Edexcel and have made notes on every point of the spec, but very few of the spec points mentioned other practicals other than the core ones. Are there any other practicals that are worth learning despite not being on the spec, such as the heating in a crucible one or is it a waste of time?

Thanks
username4704750
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ficklefairy16)
Hi there,

So, I have been studying the 12 core practicals for Edexcel and have made notes on every point of the spec, but very few of the spec points mentioned other practicals other than the core ones. Are there any other practicals that are worth learning despite not being on the spec, such as the heating in a crucible one or is it a waste of time?

Thanks
arent there 16 practicals? Check physics and maths tutor. Ideally 60 marks would be on normal content and 60 marks for practicals on the 3rd paper. I am doing chem too! Scared as hell
ficklefairy16
Rep:
(Original post by lukehake1)
arent there 16 practicals? Check physics and maths tutor. Ideally 60 marks would be on normal content and 60 marks for practicals on the 3rd paper. I am doing chem too! Scared as hell
You're right. There are 16, I got muddled with my Bio course which is 12 - but do we need to any of the other smaller practicals like heating in a crucible etc? I'm honestly so scared, it's so close now!!
username4704750
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ficklefairy16)
You're right. There are 16, I got muddled with my Bio course which is 12 - but do we need to any of the other smaller practicals like heating in a crucible etc? I'm honestly so scared, it's so close now!!
yeh, we could help each other out maybe? I am predicted an A.
ficklefairy16
Rep:
(Original post by lukehake1)
yeh, we could help each other out maybe? I am predicted an A.
Yeah, sounds good. I'm also predicted an A.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (33)
7.13%
October 2021 (210)
45.36%
November 2021 (52)
11.23%
December 2021 (60)
12.96%
January 2021 (52)
11.23%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.86%