Living in London (UAL) Watch

evedance
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm very interested in applying to UAL specifically Camberwell but currently live in an area that is completely different to London. My main worry is whether it's safe to live there and would also like to know what it's actually like living in a city as I've lived in a rural area my whole life. Would be grateful for some advice.
Lucy_mcd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I've lived in London my whole life so I can't really compare it to living in a more rural place. I however love living in London, from when I have stayed in more quiet places the major differences I've seen is that things cost more here, it's always busy- this tends to be something that is good as it really gives you the experience of living in a city- although the only down side is your more likely to win the lottery than get a seat on the tube during rush hour! But when your getting from one side of the city to the other you won't mind standing! if you have any questions just ask.
evedance
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you! Do you know what camberwell is like or know anyone living there? I've heard Peckham isn't that safe and is something that I'm a bit worried about but obviously don't want that to be the main reason of not going to uni there.
(Original post by Lucy_mcd)
I've lived in London my whole life so I can't really compare it to living in a more rural place. I however love living in London, from when I have stayed in more quiet places the major differences I've seen is that things cost more here, it's always busy- this tends to be something that is good as it really gives you the experience of living in a city- although the only down side is your more likely to win the lottery than get a seat on the tube during rush hour! But when your getting from one side of the city to the other you won't mind standing! if you have any questions just ask.
Lucy_mcd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wouldn't be to worried like in many places in London the are some good parts of a borough and there are bad parts of a borough. Peckham and camberwell are not to bad but as I said there are some bad parts. I would not let it put you off coming to study in London.
(Original post by evedance)
Thank you! Do you know what camberwell is like or know anyone living there? I've heard Peckham isn't that safe and is something that I'm a bit worried about but obviously don't want that to be the main reason of not going to uni there.
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by evedance)
I'm very interested in applying to UAL specifically Camberwell but currently live in an area that is completely different to London. My main worry is whether it's safe to live there and would also like to know what it's actually like living in a city as I've lived in a rural area my whole life. Would be grateful for some advice.
Hi Evedance, I hope you are well and enjoying the sunshine! I am currently studying at Camberwell and live currently at Forest Hill (just down the road from Peckham) before moving up to London I lived in a small village just outside of Salisbury, like you I was worried that I would find it too busy and everywhere would be like living in the centre of Piccadilly Circus but that is not the case! Yes peckham is busy but not any more than any town centre! There is plenty of things to do in Peckham, there is Peckham levels and Bussey Building which is art studios, workshops and bars in an old car park. We have the highest number of artist studios in the South and there is a large amount of local galleries. There is numerous large parks and also a good wood in short distance of Peckham so there is plenty of green space! And of course London centre is just a short distance away on the train but generally speaking Peckham has a strong community feel and is a great place to live and study!

Let me know if you have any more questions or anything else!

Zoe Prichard
Student Rep
MA Printmaking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (261)
15.28%
The paper was reasonable (949)
55.56%
Not feeling great about that exam... (370)
21.66%
It was TERRIBLE (128)
7.49%

Watched Threads