The Student Room Group

Very anxious about my bow legs

Unfortunately when I was 14 to about 15/16, I suffered with anxiety and depression which made me hate going outside and I would avoid it whenever I could.

This clearly had adverse affects and overtime I'd began developing bowed legs since I didn't go outside to get Vitamin D from the Sun.

This has had a negative impact on my confidence and self-esteem.

I will always avoid wearing shorts or skinny jeans that expose my leg shape and going to places like the beach I hate.

I basically wasted away since I'd never go outside and ended up being very skinny with no muscle pretty much (appetite was fine). I looked like I was straight out of a prison camp it was that bad at one point.

I know I can't fix the issue since I'm way too old to correct them naturally (I'm 17) but I thought I'd put it out there to see if others that have this kinda issue can offer help and suggestions.

Also, here's my bowed ass legs :smile:

Attachment not found
They're not that bowed. Human legbones are just naturally curved; muscles usually fill out the other side of the curve so they look balanced. Eat healthily and take part in normal human activities such as walking around and climbing stairs, and they'll eventually look normal.
Go on holiday, try and get as much vitamin D now as you can, you're still young and your body is still developing
Reply 3
Would it be wise to get a supplement?
Original post by Anonymous

You’re still growing let nature and puberty do it’s job, you’ll probably fill out as time goes on. Just try to get exercise, eat a balanced diet, get out and you’ll be just fine. At least your not too big, I’m sure a lot of people would love to be in your shoes.
Original post by Anonymous

Yes. Public Health England recommend that we should all be taking vitamin D, especially in the winter and autumn.

Your legs look absolutely fine to me, btw. Wish mine were that slim.

Quick Reply

Latest