The Student Room Group

"Company"= share holders/members or directors?

Hello
This is a company law question. When it says that notice has to be given to "the company", what does that mean? Who is the company? Shareholders or the board of directors?
We want to exchange (remove and elect new) some directors from the board and called for an EGM with "re-election" of directors as topic. The EGM request was sent to the company's registered address and was addressed to the directors.
Is this the required notice or do we need to inform all the shareholders (36 in total) about this?
The company is our estate management company of which every property owner holds one share. There are no other shareholders.
Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
P.s. I hope this doesn't show up twice. I'm new to TSR and not quite sure yet, how it works with forum threads...
Reply 1
The company is the company - it is a legal entity in its own right. It is not the same as the shareholders and it is also not the same as the directors. Addressing a letter to the company at its registered office would, I think, be sufficient to give notice to the company provided there is no other specified way that notice has to be given (and which you have agreed to follow).
Reply 2
Thanks for your help. We're still waiting for a reaction from the directors, but it's good to know, that we've sent the request to the right place.
NB: this is not the place to seek legal advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending