MSc. Data Science in Lancaster, Glasgow or Southampton Watch

RawanSaif
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

Between Lancaster, Glasgow and Southampton, I would like to know which university is the best choice for studying data science, in terms of international reputation, quality of teaching and the safety of the city (behavior towards muslims, and muslim females who wear hijab specifically).
And how different is it living in scotland from living in england for an international student (weather-wise and accent-wise and so on.. )? could it be used as a tie breaker?

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by RawanSaif; 1 month ago
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Reputation makes little difference in the UK so you may want to talk to employers where you plan to work to understand how they will regard your qualifications. All UK unis are fairly international so you're unlikely to face problems as a hijab wearing muslim. You can try contacting the unis' muslim societies to chat some more. You can look up info about weather and accent but yes it is vastly different between England and Scotland!
(Original post by RawanSaif)
Hi everyone,

Between Lancaster, Glasgow and Southampton, I would like to know which university is the best choice for studying data science, in terms of international reputation, quality of teaching and the safety of the city (behavior towards muslims, and muslim females who wear hijab specifically).
And how different is it living in scotland from living in england for an international student (weather-wise and accent-wise and so on.. )? could it be used as a tie breaker?

Thank you in advance.
RawanSaif
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I certainly was doing a lot of research during the past few months and I arrived to the fact that it is always better to hear some relevant insights from people living or studying there, especially since I’ve never been to the UK and I don’t know anyone living in these cities to ask.

Thank you very much for your advice, I appreciate it.
(Original post by alleycat393)
Reputation makes little difference in the UK so you may want to talk to employers where you plan to work to understand how they will regard your qualifications. All UK unis are fairly international so you're unlikely to face problems as a hijab wearing muslim. You can try contacting the unis' muslim societies to chat some more. You can look up info about weather and accent but yes it is vastly different between England and Scotland!
Last edited by RawanSaif; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?