The Student Room Group

Anyone else really sad about leaving college?

I'm about to take my A-Levels (first exam is on Thursday) and this week is my last at my sixth form college. Next year I'm going to university.

I just feel really dissapointed that college had to end so soon...I don't want to brag, but I made spot on choices with my A-Levels. The subjects and teachers have given me a passion for learning that I just didn't really have in secondary school. I always thought education meant strict rules, adults having a ridicolous amount of power over you, but college showed me otherwise: everyone is so nice to you! I actually find myself looking forward to going to college. I've even been inspired to consider going into A-Level teaching when I've got my degree.

Is anyone else upset that Year 13 is nearly over?
in one sense, yeah I'm sad to be leaving, my sixth form is in the same school I did my GCSEs, so I've been there since year 9.

in another sense, excited to be going to uni next year for so many new experiences!
Original post by SpacePatroFan189
I'm about to take my A-Levels (first exam is on Thursday) and this week is my last at my sixth form college. Next year I'm going to university.

I just feel really dissapointed that college had to end so soon...I don't want to brag, but I made spot on choices with my A-Levels. The subjects and teachers have given me a passion for learning that I just didn't really have in secondary school. I always thought education meant strict rules, adults having a ridicolous amount of power over you, but college showed me otherwise: everyone is so nice to you! I actually find myself looking forward to going to college. I've even been inspired to consider going into A-Level teaching when I've got my degree.

Is anyone else upset that Year 13 is nearly over?

Yeah, your right! I'm first year uni and sixth form was definitely the best education has to offer, in my view. I was also sad to leave. You don't get that kind of personal teaching at University cause your in a class of 200 people. A levels are great

Quick Reply