Access to nursing tips please Watch

Yahik093
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there everyone, I'm about to start this access in September and I'm a bit nervous since this is the first time for me studying abroad.

I come from Spain and I'm 26. English and maths are not an issue, to be honest studying is not that much of an issue apart from finding the right amount of time as I have to work too (gotta eat, what can I say). What's making me a bit nervous is the fact that I dont really know that much of this kind of course (we dont have this kind of access courses in Spain) and I dont really know what to expect from it as of today.

I'd like to hear from others that did this course too. Is it hard to achieve distinctions as a foreigner? Do you have to do group projects or are individual? Is everything about writting essays or do you have tests as well? Are you really prepared for uni once you finish the access (I've been to uni in Spain but then again, new place new system)?

Thanks!
thatstudentsarah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hiya, I can't speak for every access course but I do Access to Mental Health Nursing. I found that the units were quite broad, although I had quite a few essays I also had really fun topics. For example, one unit in Biology was actually carrying out the experiment and in my two other units I got to conduct research and analyse the results (which I found really interesting). A lot of assignments are individual, I think I had one where I was placed into a pair.

Distinctions are very easy to achieve, most tutors are happy to look at drafts you've written and without giving too much away, give you pointers on what you can maybe expand on more and cut out.

There's a couple of 'seen tests' in my course, we see the questions a couple of weeks before and then we do the test. There's one exam at some stage throughout the year, mine is on the 4th! I definitely feel prepared for University, I have gained a lot of academic techniques as well as a basic level of knowledge of what most first year content is because of the access course.

I wish you the best of luck with your access course, you'll do great
(Original post by Yahik093)
Hi there everyone, I'm about to start this access in September and I'm a bit nervous since this is the first time for me studying abroad.

I come from Spain and I'm 26. English and maths are not an issue, to be honest studying is not that much of an issue apart from finding the right amount of time as I have to work too (gotta eat, what can I say). What's making me a bit nervous is the fact that I dont really know that much of this kind of course (we dont have this kind of access courses in Spain) and I dont really know what to expect from it as of today.

I'd like to hear from others that did this course too. Is it hard to achieve distinctions as a foreigner? Do you have to do group projects or are individual? Is everything about writting essays or do you have tests as well? Are you really prepared for uni once you finish the access (I've been to uni in Spain but then again, new place new system)?

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?