Biomedical Science Students: Is it better accredited or not? Watch

michellex_su
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't know whether I want to work for the NHS- but the idea of it being an option if I pick accredited sounds nice as a back up. I don't want to be limited in case I do want to work for the NHS. And, accredited sounds great because most of the courses have low requirements- but!

Wouldn't it be a waste if I got AAA when I only needed CCC for an accredited? ( just an example) And is accredited solely for those who want to work for NHS? Is it possible to branch off into different fields - like medicine or forensics?

IF you have any past experience, please share
MusicGamer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think having the IBMS accreditation if you’re unsure what you would like to do would be very beneficial as it will keep your options open and you then wouldn’t have to try and do top-up modules if that’s what you eventually decided to do.

I don’t think it’s a waste if the course is interesting and sounds like something you would enjoy. (Although I don’t think most entry requirements will be as low as CCC, my university is BBB)

IBMS accreditation is only to work as a Biomedical Scientist in the NHS I believe. You can go onto do a medical degree as well if you wanted to, a lot of people on my course are wanting to do that
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just to add to the above, you need accreditation to work in the NHS but are not restricted to working in the NHS if you do an accredited degree.
(Original post by michellex_su)
I don't know whether I want to work for the NHS- but the idea of it being an option if I pick accredited sounds nice as a back up. I don't want to be limited in case I do want to work for the NHS. And, accredited sounds great because most of the courses have low requirements- but!

Wouldn't it be a waste if I got AAA when I only needed CCC for an accredited? ( just an example) And is accredited solely for those who want to work for NHS? Is it possible to branch off into different fields - like medicine or forensics?

IF you have any past experience, please share
michellex_su
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ah I see! What uni do you go to?
(Original post by MusicGamer)
I think having the IBMS accreditation if you’re unsure what you would like to do would be very beneficial as it will keep your options open and you then wouldn’t have to try and do top-up modules if that’s what you eventually decided to do.

I don’t think it’s a waste if the course is interesting and sounds like something you would enjoy. (Although I don’t think most entry requirements will be as low as CCC, my university is BBB)

IBMS accreditation is only to work as a Biomedical Scientist in the NHS I believe. You can go onto do a medical degree as well if you wanted to, a lot of people on my course are wanting to do that
MusicGamer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by michellex_su)
Ah I see! What uni do you go to?
I go to the University of Portsmouth
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
32.55%
The paper was reasonable (312)
49.06%
Not feeling great about that exam... (72)
11.32%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.08%

Watched Threads