Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Omar964
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
Is this really bad? If done after breaking the fast
Masturbation is haram anyways although a lot of Muslim teenagers and men do it since it’s basically the closest thing to intercourse without committing a major sin. If it is keeping you away from committing a major sin it’s best to masturbate as even there is basically no risk of catching an STI or getting a girl pregnant. But Try not to do it during Ramadan especially before breaking your fast and if you do give in make sure you do ghusul and repent. Don’t be so mad about it we all make mistakes and Allah forgives those if we repent. Jazak Allahu Khairan brother May Allah accept your fasts and repentance.
Last edited by Omar964; 1 month ago
Rockroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Omar964)
Masturbation is haram anyways although a lot of Muslim teenagers and men do it since it’s basically the closest thing to intercourse without committing a major sin. If it is keeping you away from committing a major sin it’s best to masturbate as even there is less risk of catching an STI. But Try not to do it during Ramadan especially before breaking your fast and if you do give in make sure you do ghusul and repent. Don’t be so mad about it we all make mistakes and Allah forgives those if we repent. Jazak Allahu Khairan brother May Allah accept your fasts and repentance.
It was never mentioned as haram in context
It might have been glimpsed off in Surat alma3areg
But no one can know for sure what Allah meant
So if he is trying to stay away from zina he can do it
And also he should follow his heart
Omar964
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rockroo)
It was never mentioned as haram in context
It might have been glimpsed off in Surat alma3areg
But no one can know for sure what Allah meant
So if he is trying to stay away from zina he can do it
And also he should follow his heart
You get my point anyways. It makes you najis and you probably watch something while doing it so I’m pretty much sure it is haram. I’ve given him some advice. And that’s what I’ve said if you’ve read the whole paragraph. If it keeps him away from zina then it’s much better than committing a major sin.
Kit3t
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you. I am female though do the same rules apply?
Rockroo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
Yea !
But I am not sure about the Nijis part as that is due to sperm
So yea same rules apply
Omar964
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
Females do not produce semen such as that from a male so I’m unsure but I do know that you do produce some fluid after which you probably need to do ghusul as it has resulted from your sexual arousal. Try keeping it to a minimum and repent. Most certainly don’t put yourself down as you are not the only one going through such a situation. As I said if it keeps you from losing your virginity (I don’t know the situation concerning your way of female masturbation) then you are better off doing it than committing a major sin. Take care sister. May Allah forgive all of our sins, Allahuma ameen.
Kit3t
Rep:
?
Thanks for being so helpful and encouraging... I’ll try my best. Ameen.
Raza Ahmed
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on your age too, how old are you if you dont mind me asking?
Kit3t
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raza Ahmed)
It depends on your age too, how old are you if you dont mind me asking?
Oh I didn’t know. How does my age make it different?
Omar964
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
Thanks for being so helpful and encouraging... I’ll try my best. Ameen.
Absolutely, glad I could help! Good on you for trying to better yourself, and it’s very courageous of you to come here and ask such a question which will hopefully help other sisters with the same thing on their minds. Take care, Jazak Allahu Khairan.
Raza Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
Is this really bad? If done after breaking the fast
At the end of the day the prophet (pbuh) told men & women to lower their gaze and as a person masturbates or is in the act of doing so, your committing zina in any form I’m sure that this is not allowed , that being said especially in Ramadan ( even after opening fasts) Its a big sin as our sins are ten times worse , and our good deeds are elevated x10 too.
Best advice would be try to avoid that negative energy, really not worth it - coming from experience
Raza Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
Oh I didn’t know. How does my age make it different?
Its basically goes like this, if your old enough to keep fasts , pray and of an adult age the punishment and sins are greater as you are filly matured , however if your still under the age of twelve/ eleven (not of legal age to pray / fast compulsory ) then its less of a sin , as you are still a kid , and developing
Hope this helped
Zamestaneh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
Applies to women still - they have to make Ghusl if there is fluid.

You have to avoid it, and if one climaxes during the fasting hours, it breaks the fast and becomes a major sin. Doing it outside of the fasting hours is still sinful but it is not a major sin. Of those scholars who have allowed it, the only rationale they have given is that if one is literally on the verge of committing Zinah (like they are about to meet someone and do it) then it is the lesser of two evils. Otherwise it should be resisted, and doing it regulary has many negative side affects for the Muslim believer - it becomes habitual which ironically makes it harder to resist desires when done regularly because the desire for pleasure becomes subconscious, and also become an addiction. If it becomes an addiction, such habits can be damaging if you were to develop Dementia or Alzheimer's for example, as deeply rooted memories and habitual actions are what the brain still draws on in such a state, so you could masterbate habitually in a delusional state as opposed to doing Dhikr or praying for example.
Last edited by Zamestaneh; 1 month ago
k4zie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you're a girl then you need to take a ghusl if you reach your climax (which you probably will, there's no point in it otherwise)
Kit3t
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raza Ahmed)
At the end of the day the prophet (pbuh) told men & women to lower their gaze and as a person masturbates or is in the act of doing so, your committing zina in any form I’m sure that this is not allowed , that being said especially in Ramadan ( even after opening fasts) Its a big sin as our sins are ten times worse , and our good deeds are elevated x10 too.
Best advice would be try to avoid that negative energy, really not worth it - coming from experience
I didn’t know our sins were ten times worse too?? 😓 I’ve tried to stop... a few times. But it’s never worked...
Kit3t
Rep:
?
Oh no I’ve really messed up 😭
Raza Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
I didn’t know our sins were ten times worse too?? 😓 I’ve tried to stop... a few times. But it’s never worked...
Yes it is true, but look at the bright side , you’ve come to a realisation that too in Ramadan! Take this opportunity and make it count- the first stage is always self reflecting and coming to a realisation that what your doing is not worth it (long and short term)
- Remember good deeds are x10 too
Raza Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
Only Allah can judge you, no human has the right to do so, were all human and make mistakes, I offer support groups for these types of things if it helps you can contact me if you wish , ill be here for you - just don’t give up
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kit3t)
It's an epidemic and you're not alone in this battle against your nafs. You got this though.. God doesn't put us in situations that we cannot overcome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (60)
21.82%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (93)
33.82%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
21.45%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (27)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (36)
13.09%

Watched Threads