Help! PGCE application rejected, what next? Watch

spyro63x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
- I have a 1st class Psychology degree, and consistent A*/A in school and sixth-form

- I applied for PGCE Secondary Science (Biology) but got rejected, one of the unis told me the course tutor advised me to take a SKE (subject enhancement) in Biology, and re-apply for 2020

Is this feasible? e.g. if during the next academic year I complete an SKE in Biology, and perhaps get some ob experience in a classroom - chances of getting rejected 2nd time round? I want to do this, but I also don't wanna waste time - really need to move out of parents asap..
Notsureimsure
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you want to do bio after already getting a 1:1 in psych?
spyro63x
Rep:
?
psychology is biology-heavy, especially the modules I chose in 3rd year
I want to be a Science teacher. All Science teachers have a focus (Bio, Chem, Physics)

so i'm wondering if I'll get accepted onto a 2020 PGCE on the condition I undertake a Bio SKE...
(Original post by Notsureimsure)
Why do you want to do bio after already getting a 1:1 in psych?
spyro63x
Rep:
?
and also, it would be helpful to know if its possible to do 2 SKEs as I have a very high academic ability so this wouldn't be a problem, I'd do both Bio and Chem full courses and a refresher in Physics, if I was allowed to
(Original post by spyro63x)
psychology is biology-heavy, especially the modules I chose in 3rd year
I want to be a Science teacher. All Science teachers have a focus (Bio, Chem, Physics)

so i'm wondering if I'll get accepted onto a 2020 PGCE on the condition I undertake a Bio SKE...
Notsureimsure
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by spyro63x)
and also, it would be helpful to know if its possible to do 2 SKEs as I have a very high academic ability so this wouldn't be a problem, I'd do both Bio and Chem full courses and a refresher in Physics, if I was allowed to
If that's what u wanna do then go for it, you say you've got a high academic ability and got a 1st class degree so there's no reason why you shouldn't do it. In terms if getting accepted, contact the PGCE course and ask them what the requirements are. Then do what is needed, do it well, and you'll make it
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Moved to Teacher Training, Teaching and Education Jobs forum, as you may get more responses here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (36)
24.66%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (51)
34.93%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (25)
17.12%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (11)
7.53%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (23)
15.75%

Watched Threads