Year 12 Chemistry teacher teaching stuff I can’t find in spec or CGP textbook

Watch
Diiverr
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hello,
I’m a year 12 student who’s studying AQA chemistry and while I was revising mass spectrometry in unit 3: organic analysis using my CGP textbook I noticed that my teacher had taught fragmentation in mass spectrometry, which I can’t find any mention of in the specification or textbook. She’s done this before with High and Low Density Polymers during the addition polymers topic also in section 3. I’d rather not ask her about this as she told me the “textbook isn’t comprehensive” when I confronted her about the addition polymers, this was before I thought to check the specification (which does not mention it either). She’s also teaching NMR spectrometry, which is year 13, before we have finished year 12 content and have not done year 12 mocks yet.
Any advice on what I should do in this situation? Thank you in advance for any replies
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Diiverr)
Hello,
I’m a year 12 student who’s studying AQA chemistry and while I was revising mass spectrometry in unit 3: organic analysis using my CGP textbook I noticed that my teacher had taught fragmentation in mass spectrometry, which I can’t find any mention of in the specification or textbook. She’s done this before with High and Low Density Polymers during the addition polymers topic also in section 3. I’d rather not ask her about this as she told me the “textbook isn’t comprehensive” when I confronted her about the addition polymers, this was before I thought to check the specification (which does not mention it either). She’s also teaching NMR spectrometry, which is year 13, before we have finished year 12 content and have not done year 12 mocks yet.
Any advice on what I should do in this situation? Thank you in advance for any replies
maybe she has her reasons. Could you have a quite word with one of the other chemistry teachers, but make it more a polite enquiry.

You could try asking

Teaching from: 2015
Exams from: June 2016 (AS), June 2017 (A-level)
Specification code: 7404 7405
QAN code: 601/5730/6; 601/5731/8

Talk to us

The customer support team.
8am–5pm Monday to Friday
Tel: 01483 477756
Email: [email protected]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (72)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (79)
17.1%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (42)
9.09%
Isolating with family (28)
6.06%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (19)
4.11%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (38)
8.23%
Loneliness (45)
9.74%
Financial worries (15)
3.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (44)
9.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
7.14%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (47)
10.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed